[act-ma] Will you be at Art of the Schmooze on 5/2? Stop wasting time networking. Build relationships.

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 13:40:59 PDT 2017

Hey there - this is my most requested session - you've probably been
meaning to attend - it's next week - will you be there?? Hope so, Robbie

Are you ready to stop wasting time networking? Want to build more welcoming
community spaces? Are you an introvert who would love to go home in one
hour and feel accomplished?

Join Socializing for Justice for a  fast-paced, fun & interactive
professional development training...

*Art of the Schmooze*
Tuesday, May 2, 6:00 - 8:30 PM.

Fee: $15 advance/$30 door
*Limited space - register ahead of time at www.SoJust.org
<http://www.SoJust.org>  *
Credit cards accepted online and at the door.
Newcomers always welcomed!

Art of the Schmooze
Forming and cultivating relationships is at the heart of any successful
fundraising campaign, volunteer drive, committee effort or community
building activity. This training will give you the confidence to pursue
your personal and professional goals - from the importance of shaking hands
and making eye contact, to tips on the best opening line and how to exit a
conversation gracefully. An amazing side benefit is that you'll learn how
to create a welcoming community space by keeping an eye out for outliers,
considering yourself a host instead of a guest and knowing how to
compliment someone without "othering" them.

ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
Robbie Samuels has been recognized as a networking expert by *Inc.* and
*Lifehacker*, and profiled in *Stand Out:** How to Find Your Breakthrough
Idea and Build a Following Around It* by Dorie Clark. Since 2009, his
engaging and fun presentations have helped a wide array of audiences
increase their confidence when it comes to building their professional
network and strong, welcoming communities. He passionately believes
everyone should stop wasting time networking and shares how through his
signature session, “Art of the Schmooze.”

He is the host of On the Schmooze, his podcast about leadership, career
challenges, work/life balance, and building a professional network -
www.OntheSchmooze.com <http://www.ontheschmooze.com/>.

In 2006, he founded Socializing for Justice (SoJust.org) to build a
cross-cultural, cross-issue progressive community and network in Boston
based on the philosophies of abundance and radical inclusion. In 2011, in
recognition of his social justice work, Boston City Council named his
birthday “Robbie Samuels Day." Learn more about his work and get connected
at www.RobbieSamuels.com <http://www.robbiesamuels.com/>.

HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
Invite friends to the Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/sojust/events/>.
Join the SoJust Facebook group
<http://t.sidekickopen04.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XX45vw6KYMRYHj6Sb3JRW3M2f5R56dMHtf8g1mpT02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fon.fb.me%2FSoJust&si=4928983978737664&pi=16d1a7d4-81f7-4343-aad2-66c88568f796>
.

Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org

SoJust hosts events that draw progressives of all stripes that share common
values but may work on different issues. We host socials that allow for the
possibility of cross-issue connections and run a monthly ProfDev Series
which provides access to affordable professional development to increase
our individual capacity for movement building.

With over 3000 members and over 10 years of creating a diverse cross-issue
community in Boston (220+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best
place to find the great people, organizations, and community you're looking
for while putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

YES, WE MEAN YOU. We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.