[act-ma] THIS SUNDAY at CCB: Water: The Invisible Crisis with Dr. Shakir Abdullah

Community Church of Boston info at communitychurchofboston.org
Wed May 31 16:29:33 PDT 2017

This Sunday, June 4th at 11am:
Community Church of Boston

Water: The Invisible Crisis with Dr. Shakir Abdullah

Our planet is known as the blue planet due to its extensive reserves of water. Over 70% of the earth’s surface is covered by water, unfortunately, 98% is ocean, the remaining 2% accounts for fresh water supplies for the world. More drastically, 90% of fresh water is not readily reachable, because it is either in the form of ice in the poles or remains underground.

Since the 1950s the world demand for water has risen as a consequence of high population growth and a rising standard of living which calls for higher per capita consumption. It is expected that the world population will reach 8.5 billion by the year 2025. The question remains; will this population find enough clean water for drinking, irrigation, industry,
and leisure?

Dr. Shakir Abdullah is a former Iraqi official. He is a PhD holder in atmospheric physics from Reading University / England (1978). His last job in the public service in Iraq was the CEO of the ministry of Transportation and Communication under the CPA headed by ambassador Paul Bremer.

Music by CommUnity Voices

Join us for a friendly lunch after the program.
565 Boylston St., 2nd Floor, Copley Square, Boston,  617-266-6710

All Programs are held on the second floor in the Lothrop Auditorium.

Handicap accessible.

CCB is located near the Orange line-Back Bay or the Green line-Copley T Stops.
On Street Parking and at Back Bay Parking Garage, 500 Boylston Street.

Community Church of Boston (http://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=a7459da27d&e=4a06b6aa8c)

Unsubscribe act-ma at act-ma.org from this list:

More information about the Act-MA mailing list