[act-ma] Got hard/software skills? Help build the hardware for a community-controlled ISP

James O'Keefe jokeefe at jamesokeefe.org
Fri Apr 27 08:08:50 PDT 2018

The Massachusetts MeshNet project is working on building a net neutral,
private, community alternative to internet service providers (ISP).

This Saturday, we are organizing a hardware hackathon to work on our router
prototype that people will be able to deploy and add to the network. Our
objective is to get a low cost mesh networking router working with open
source software. We are currently experimenting with LibreMesh (
https://libremesh.org/).

The hackathon is 1-3pm at Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge.

If you miss this one, we have another scheduled for 5/12 at Industry Lab
and possibly another before June 7th.

The next General Meeting of Massachusetts MeshNet will be Thursday, June
7th starting at 6pm.