[act-ma] 3/15 CCB This Sunday & More: Covid-19 Virus update

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Mar 13 14:54:45 PDT 2020

Dean Stevens writes:

Community Church: Yes and No

Dear Friends of CCB,

We are heeding the advice of the UUA, which has urged congregations not
to congregate in large numbers. Most of our events are small, so we can
say this with confidence:

We are sending you a mixed message: we urge you, especially if you have
flu or cold symptoms, if you have immunological issues, or other chronic
health problems, to stay away from a series of upcoming events we are
hosting: our Sunday meetings, our film screening (Gaza) on Monday, and
our WONDERFUL One Hundredth Anniversary Concert (Fulani Haynes
Collaborative) at First Church on Marlborough St., our meetings and
rehearsals. If you have any doubts in your mind about whether to come to
an event, then don’t come. But we will open our doors and be holding the
events as best we can, to as small or large a meeting as is gathered. We
will for the most part not offer refreshments, but on Sundays, we will
gather, we will judiciously offer coffee and continental breakfast, and
afterwards, luncheon whose choices least involve communal exposure. We
will broadcast as best we can this Sunday's service (Ending Ageism, or
How Not to Shoot Old People" with Margaret Morganroth Gullette) on
Facebook Live like we have done for past events, and we will also have a
conference call number to call in and listen: Dial in Number: 515 604
9099   Access Code: 230-947-764.

There are some of you who attend regularly, and this is an important
part of your week’s routine. Though we are urging many to stay away, we
want to keep our doors open for you, as a service to our members and
other attendees. We are social critters, and we need each other,
especially in trying times.

So I will be here. Luis and I will receive you, and we will present our
programs as best we can, even though some presenters have cancelled (or
postponed). We will be especially attentive to hygiene: cleaned door
handles, bathroom fixtures, lots of soap and water. If you have hand
sanitizer, bring it to us (we can’t find any, even online). We urge you
to sanitize frequently, and to practice this new thing we’ve heard
about, “social distancing”. We’ll have a lot of room to do this. We’re a
small congregation, and this will make us even smaller, for the time
being. Small, yes, but with a big big heart.

If you have questions, concerns, doubts, don’t hesitate to call. Dean:
617-869-3014, or Christle in the office: 617-266-6710. Or email
commchurch at gmail.org, or dean at deanstevens.com.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, This Too Shall Pass,

Dean  (and the board, and the staff)

Comm. Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. 2nd fl

https://www.facebook.com/events/224623338567293/