[act-ma] 3/21 & 22 Virtual International Conference for the Normalization of US-Cuba Relations

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Mar 19 14:58:17 PDT 2020

    Plenary for the International Conference for the Normalization of
    US-Cuba Relations via Zoom electronic conferencing

For more information on the postponement of the live conference see the
bottom of this announcement.

Register Now for the Plenary (via Zoom) to be held Sat, March 21-2pm
Eastern
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001ijlCaZflJqX3Rqkdd91kXPuQsmj3EdvVrTUiMZq9poBtfgGGDnuQIUcsH6MZ-YCjG5yw-nuDhu1PbjTBJzjf8vMWLBb5vGvCIhJHCL82Ks8US_PHM5-vLV9yxur0w7mxuy70xxp-67BLGxDLP6AqlIH_uZHCAlSZX0h2_itzrvdz-84zFHQAUE0Io-PZtwB8&c=Zum4F54WwJfT4FWjNF9krNFUfKZ6zW4CDlqyrp3MHOsSPC2lghPSXQ==&ch=T1S_w8I2IdJmA6Ks5f_8Yi-2g6MFGM35Mb3pn69MzNC0ud2K0n0dag==>

    The Impact of the Blockade of Cuba on the People of the U.S. What We
    Can Do about It.

Register (via Zoom) Now for Sunday, March 22 -2 pm Eastern
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001ijlCaZflJqX3Rqkdd91kXPuQsmj3EdvVrTUiMZq9poBtfgGGDnuQIUcsH6MZ-YCjG5yw-nuDhu1PbjTBJzjf8vMWLBb5vGvCIhJHCL82Ks8US_PHM5-vLV9yxur0w7mxuy70xxp-67BLGxDLP6AqlIH_uZHCAlSZX0h2_itzrvdz-84zFHQAUE0Io-PZtwB8&c=Zum4F54WwJfT4FWjNF9krNFUfKZ6zW4CDlqyrp3MHOsSPC2lghPSXQ==&ch=T1S_w8I2IdJmA6Ks5f_8Yi-2g6MFGM35Mb3pn69MzNC0ud2K0n0dag==>

*SATURDAY Plenary Program*

Update on International Cuba Conference — *Ike Nahem*, New York-New
Jersey Cuba Si Coalition

Chairperson – *Gail Walker*, IFCO/Pastors for Peace
Link for Saturday’s registration
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001ijlCaZflJqX3Rqkdd91kXPuQsmj3EdvVrTUiMZq9poBtfgGGDnuQIUcsH6MZ-YCjG5yw-nuDhu1PbjTBJzjf8vMWLBb5vGvCIhJHCL82Ks8US_PHM5-vLV9yxur0w7mxuy70xxp-67BLGxDLP6AqlIH_uZHCAlSZX0h2_itzrvdz-84zFHQAUE0Io-PZtwB8&c=Zum4F54WwJfT4FWjNF9krNFUfKZ6zW4CDlqyrp3MHOsSPC2lghPSXQ==&ch=T1S_w8I2IdJmA6Ks5f_8Yi-2g6MFGM35Mb3pn69MzNC0ud2K0n0dag==>

Panel:

  *

    *Ambassador Ana Silvia Rodríguez* – Cuban Mission to the United Nations
    Video greeting to the Conference, *Dr. Jorge Delgado Bustillo*
    (introduced by
    *Martín Koppel*, Pathfinder Books)

  *

    *Andrés Gómez* — Antonio Maceo Brigade, Alianza Martiana, Miami,
    Florida

  *

    *Milagros Rivera* — Comité de Solidaridad con Cuba en Puerto Rico

  *

    *Sean O’Donoghue* – Table de concertation de solidarité Québec-Cuba

  *

    *Isaac Saney* – Canadian Network on Cuba

The focus of the conference is developing action.
Hear about some things you can do:

  *

    *Dr. Rosemari Mealy* — initiator with Attorney *Joan P. Gibbs*, of
    the Resolution before the NY City Council — for the Panel:
    Resolutions and Legislation to end the blockade of Cuba.

*SUNDAY: Sunday 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific*
Link for the Sunday’s registration (via Zoom)
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001ijlCaZflJqX3Rqkdd91kXPuQsmj3EdvVrTUiMZq9poBtfgGGDnuQIUcsH6MZ-YCjoHfdXABckAVGcRjXNI9llF7b8sAalFHoDcEe0MdHgFeNw3YM1X85K4w3NHWYANeFphlQxyQevcX3k8Fl8ExvV1oOvmV-4GjwjyjO2ebqrUtbT6tSOGx5FjAniW4-uEtH&c=Zum4F54WwJfT4FWjNF9krNFUfKZ6zW4CDlqyrp3MHOsSPC2lghPSXQ==&ch=T1S_w8I2IdJmA6Ks5f_8Yi-2g6MFGM35Mb3pn69MzNC0ud2K0n0dag==>

    The Impact of the Blockade of Cuba on the People of the US & What We
    Can Do About It

Moderator: *Howard Ehrman*, Chicago Cuba Coalition

  *

    *Implementing Cuban approaches to combat health disparities in
    marginalized communities of color in the United States* -Nathaniel
    Kratz, MD, ELAM Graduate, Columbia University Primary Care Internal
    Medicine Physician, New York City

  *

    *Environmental Programs’ Exchanges between Cuba & US.* -Brenda
    López, Los Angeles – US Hands off Cuba

  *

    *Climate change disaster prevention, preparation & response in
    Puerto Rico, the US and Cuba* -Mildred Milly Guzman-Young – Greater
    Hartford CT Coalition on Cuba

  *

    *Of the community or by the community?* P*olice, criminal and
    restorative justice in Cuba* -Ramon Espinoza – Greater Hartford CT
    Coalition on Cuba

  *

    *Relationship of Cuba’s Education System to Education Struggles in
    New York City and the US* -Malcolm Sacks – New York City Public
    School Teacher and National Venceremos Brigade Co-Coordinator

  *

    *Coronavirus: Bring Down the Blockade NOW: We Demand Protection for
    Us and Our Most Vulnerable* -Asilinn Pulley, Co-Founder, Black Lives
    Matter, Chicago

Website for the virtual conference
<http://www.us-cubanormalization.org/viva-cuba/virtual-conference/>

Website for the Live NYC Conference in November
<http://www.us-cubanormalization.org/viva-cuba/><http://www.us-cubanormalization.org/viva-cuba/>

If you want to receive info on this conference in Nov. get on the email
list of the Boston Area July 26^th Coalition.