[act-ma] 4/12 What You Always Wanted to Know About Russia but were afraid to ask with Ray McGovern

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Apr 10 11:27:09 PDT 2020

"What You Always Wanted to Know About Russia but Were Afraid to Ask."
with Ray McGovern

Join us this Sunday on YouTube live.  (Note the access method has changed.)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxzqBfbtvnhNKWmzpCm0lIA
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxzqBfbtvnhNKWmzpCm0lIA?fbclid=IwAR1m9WbOn9CrVyyIt89vmlYcQeWvQnAxqfkvLk1FC47k6jadPJPT_oF6mGM>

What most Americans “know” about post-Soviet Russia — its actions in
Ukraine, Syria, or “hacking DNC emails” is rubbish strewed by the
Military-Industrial-Congressional-Intelligence-Media-Academia-Think-Tank
complex. Without an “enemy”, MICIMATT would find it harder to embezzle
our taxes in obscene amounts. If you share with Rep. Jason Crow (D,
Colorado) a fear that “Putin wakes up every morning and goes to bed
every night trying to figure out how to destroy American democracy,” you
might take advantage of this opportunity to check what you “know” about
Russia, and how you got to know it.

• Ray McGovern has been a student of Russia since picking Russian as a
major a half-century ago. During 27 years as a CIA analyst, Ray led the
Soviet Foreign Policy Branch, serving in Moscow for part of that time.
Later, he prepared the President’s Daily Brief for 3 presidents — in
1981-85 personally conducting those early-morning briefings. In
retirement, Ray co-founded Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
(VIPS) – a group of senior ex-intelligence officers equipped and willing
to hold colleagues from their former agencies accountable.
(https://consortiumnews.com/vips-memos/
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fconsortiumnews.com%2Fvips-memos%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0zYl_esl59hbE5xNETGo_cClmu2WvbpWPs9pMuZcLrSxzVZ9y7Do7YJz4&h=AT0ZtbqbsqAlc5jcUTITUSaBmyL9qvIf3MN9MYuHrx6FzjBBd7IauOmFGuBuSTNjfohs9EkNm8TcOtFXGgaVJYnGt9UOr3mQqiQL-XKULr94dDhzvfBsgJOGyYBIL-bCkA>).
Ray’s website is: raymcgovern.com.
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fraymcgovern.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1Ct6NCKFhCfPBKuUFmytiQhrDKiCMNRsUGlbqm3jt5QTI5wd2c4YBVYLg&h=AT3bAQu46dRLlE8kA7xlHLQaSOgPrksS2OXH2mBA8qVeujqf6rZ3NzSNZMc-DZTkL-yOkn0LZY2arOVL-U2d5kI_A7hBG2A-l-KGkbyLnxANxNS-QZnb4sUjP454Iu8B3A>

Sunday Apr 12th 11 AM -12:30

Music by Dean Stevens
For several decades Dean Stevens has
delighted audiences of all ages throughout the
Americas. An exuberant performer of distinctive
style and wit, he combines an intricate, self-taught
guitar style with a versatile and expressive
singing voice. He has established himself as
a formidable creator and interpreter of a
wide spectrum of songs in English and Spanish.
His own material explores a variety of personal
and social topics, paints sketches of people and
places, celebrates the Earth, and
annoys the narrow minded.

NOTICE: Due to the Corvid-19 the CCB building is closed. We will
continue to share updates via our website, social media, and email as we
monitor the situation and we will hold virtual Sunday programs live
online and via conference call through May 4th.

Community Church of Boston is celebrating its 100 year anniversary.

web: www.communitychurchofboston.org
<http://www.communitychurchofboston.org/?fbclid=IwAR2I5D_KVdkxU-EpdTee138XACgWxgIXW2DoE2Xn5N1PmlG5mS4rihN3dCM>;
email: info at communitychurchofboston.org; tel: 617-266-6710
<https://www.facebook.com/events/270842517263566/#>