[act-ma] 5/8-5/22: Actions on Eversource East Boston Substation

gmoke gmoke at world.std.com
Sun May 17 21:11:40 PDT 2020

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bennett McIntosh <bennett.mcintosh at gmail.com>
Subject: [sftp-bos-announce] Green Roots week of action on Eastie Substation
Date: May 17, 2020 at 1:15:20 PM EDT
To: Science for the People Boston announcements list <sftp-boston-announcements at googlegroups.com>
Cc: Karry Muzzey <karry.muzzey at gmail.com>

Hi Boston SFTP,

Some of you may recall the Fore River week of action earlier this month - with daily actions you could take remotely to help Fore River Residents fight the Weymouth compressor station.

This week, our comrades at Take Back the Grid and GreenRoots are doing something similar to amplify Chelsea residents' opposition to Eversource's planned electrical substation in East Boston.  Per Karry, with Take Back the Grid, "We're trying to promote the message that clean energy alternatives, such as those promoted by the Union of Concerned Scientists, would be a safer option that would provide more benefits to the community, and more democratic control over the neighborhood's energy system."

Starting tomorrow, and running through Friday, the campaign will be sending out a daily email with an action you can take remotely. We'll be forwarding them to this list, but you can sign up for these and other updates from GreenRoots and Take Back the Grid at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecxatO6fMU-2vvLYyV1XDU3rpGn68mGfToHv7FcaYFWyFClw/viewform?usp=send_form

Thanks &  Solidarity,
Bennett

Bennett McIntosh
Science Writer