[act-ma] 7/18 Standout for Black Lives on Nelson Mandela's birthday

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Jul 15 06:47:57 PDT 2020

Margaret Witham writes

Hello Friends,

I have started the ball rolling and I need your input and ideas.
Celebrating the 102nd Birthday of Nelson Mandela is so essential in 2020:
BLM, Coronavirus, Women's Rights, LFBTQ rights, Trans rights,
Undocumented immigrants rights, Housing rights and so many more.

An event to stand up and stand out in the Fenway. The event being
designed to safely gather, have a Visibility on Boylston Street near the
corner of Jersey Street, a block from Fenway Park. and of course
celebrate this indomitable warrior.

It would be a small gathering with masks required and provided with
social distancing maintained.

A bulletin board will be set up for people to pin notes with ideas and
comments.
No formal program with speakers, although folks are encouraged to share
their thoughts.

This will be smoke, alcohol and drug free event with an ADA ACCESSIBLE
restroom available.

Light refreshments and of course, socially distanced cupcakes and water
will be served.

The time frame is approximately 5 PM to 7 PM.
Details about the gathering spot need to be worked out but I was
thinking people could meet up in front of the Fenway Community Center.
People who are interested can do a Visibility on Boylston  Street with
banners of the unifying themes, noted above.

Please let me know what you think.

Margaret Ellen Witham