[act-ma] 7/19 “The New Age of Anxiety”with Dr. Matt Dumont-Music by Hip Hop Artist Asliani @11AM:

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Jul 15 19:05:12 PDT 2020

Community Church of Boston <info at communitychurchofboston.org>

https://www.facebook.com/events/295625864816281/

*CCB Virtual Sunday:

July 19 - 11 AM*

        *“The New Age of Anxiety”*

        *with Dr. Matthew Dumont*

*Music by Hip Hop Artist Asliani*

Friends,

*Will you be with us at our Summer Speaker Series?
We usually take the Summer off. But not this Summer: *

*This Sunday, July 19 at 11 AM*, let’s celebrate our time in hiding, and
CCB's One Hundredth Anniversary, with some wisdom from psychiatrist* Dr.
Matt Dumont*. Matt is a long time favorite at CCB. His talks to us go
back all the way into the ‘70s. Matt Dumont has been a regular speaker
at CCB for more than 40 years. His sharp-edged commentaries on medical,
economic, social and political unrealities have always provoked lively
discussions. Here he takes a wide-screen overview of our current
circumstances, their origin and prospects for the future.

Matt is the author, most recently, of/'Treating the Poor: A Personal
Sojourn Through the Rise and Fall of Community Mental Health'.
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=b05160670a&e=3e8e4cf5c6>/Recollections
and analysis of his 16 years treating mental illness and confronting
social problems in the city of Chelsea are contained in 'The Absurd
Healer'. And his writings on health care were collected in Dr.
Drummond's /'Spirited Guide to Health in a Dying Empire'/, winning
recognition from the National Press Club.

We will also have with Matt, returning to CCB, the young Hip-Hopster
*Asliani
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=07f71549ca&e=3e8e4cf5c6>*.
She joins us from Joshua Tree, CA, one of the many beautiful places
where she has drawn deep inspiration.

*Asliani *is a bilingual hip-hop artist whose words ring out with a
message of transformation & empowerment. Originally from Boston, she’s
lived many places and incorporates diverse aspects of her experience
into her music. She connects deeply with listeners’ souls and hearts
through her verses, giving honest & compassionate voice to many of the
deeper processes in which we are collectively engaged.

Stay tuned for more upcoming gatherings:***July 21*, *Omar Suazo*, from
Honduras, introduces us to Garifona culture and gives us a rundown, from
an Afro-Caribean perspective, on the fight against Covid 19 on the
Atlantic Coast. Also joining us: Sendi Suazo (Omar’s wife), and Alba
Boden.***July 26: Rev. Allan McClendon*, from the First Baptist Church
in Jamaica Plain, is the Hospitality Minister there, which means that a
deep part of his ministry is about being chef to the community,
elegantly feeding lots of people. He also has an amazing story to tell.
In this instance, Allan is sharing about his recent trip to Cuba. August
16: Suren Moodlier and others, speaking on their new book”A People’s
Guide to Greater Boston”, a fascinating history of activist Boston over
the ages. Suren is part of the treasure trove of activist talent that
have recently taken residence in our building, the folks from Encuentro
Cinco. *Aug. 23: Rev. Bill Alberts*, our minister between 1979 and 1990,
and today, at a ripe young age, is still a prolific author of firebrand
articles in *Counterpunch
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=d86fd254dd&e=3e8e4cf5c6>*.
Welcome back Bill!!

*Join this CCB Program on Zoom:*

*https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5183695800?pwd=QThXOU9Db0l3MEh2ZUkrVkt1K0UyUT09
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=8789c68269&e=3e8e4cf5c6>*

*One tap mobile *(for cell phone users)
*+19292056099 US (New York)*

*To access by phone:*
*+1 929 205 6099 *

*Meeting ID:* *518 369 5800*

*Password: 230417

/Also streaming live on Youtube
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=5ececca7fd&e=3e8e4cf5c6>

See you on Sunday.
Call Dean if you have any questions: 617-869-3014/*

565 Boylston Street, 2nd Floor,
Copley Square, Boston, MA
617-266-6710

/All Programs are held on Zoom
/

/Small wheelchair accessible./

/CCB is located near the Orange line-Back Bay or the Green line-Copley T
Stops.
On Street Parking and at
Back Bay Parking Garage,
  199 Clarendon Street./