[act-ma] Nationwide Palestinian support call today at 6pm ET

Claudio Rumed xapou at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 13:47:53 PDT 2021

(Español Abajo)
FYI folks. A bit of background into:
The Rising Majority is a Black and POC-led coalition composed of 75 organizations building an anti-racist, anti-capitalist, and anti-patriarchial violence left towards a radical democracy  It came out of the national political organizing efforts that sprung out of the BLM movement.

Hope y’all can attend.

[https://actionnetwork.org/user_files/user_files/000/041/173/original/Copy_of_Rising_Majority_Virtual_Teach_In_Flyer.png]

Dear Freedom Fighters,

In the last two weeks, we have seen struggles against state-sanctioned violence increase from Colombia to Palestine. As a community committed to resistance and freedom for all, we invite you to show up in solidarity with the people of Colombia and Palestine.

In Colombia, millions have entered the streets resisting tax increases that are further disenfranchising poor Black and Indigenous communities who are struggling without a livable wage and who are consistently met with police and militarized violence.

In Palestine, the recent settler violence in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in Jerusalem, and the continual Israeli bombings of Gaza is evidence of an ongoing colonial project. Palestinians have been resisting displacement, ethnic cleansing, and Zionism since the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 on the land Palestinians have cultivated for centuries. Make no mistake, this is not a conflict between “two equal sides'' or an “ancient religious dispute”, as media and government officials would like us to believe. This is an ongoing occupation sanctioned and funded by the United States. An occupation that the Palestinian people have been resisting for generations.

Their fight for dignity and respect in the midst of US intervention in their governance means all of our lives are on the line. We know that our struggles for an end to policing of all forms, a livable wage, and the destruction of racial capitalism is intertwined with struggles globally. The evidence that our struggles are intertwined is seen in how the US and Israeli police forces collaborate, and train to more effectively surveil, harass and kill our people, and how the U.S has used our tax dollars to support wars and genocidal efforts in Palestine, Colombia and beyond. Furthermore, our tax-paying dollars are being used to undermine movements and people committed to freedom instead of to the immediate health, education, and financial needs of our communities.

Tomorrow Friday, May 14th at 3pmPT/5pmCT/6pmET,<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/atcYNHk4Eh2YdGnwBh-YDPAZiEt8wwS6hp5wOIb3CiLn19STIlBfJugsk82KRnxMEfeGSw8jQgAwlmtrbF44KtCaq3szWFhCtSeNKs-_1H45VxNE8Hkz31jula-RKhu3Br1pXS1VH3dWBBobMabsn3EV_XW03nCGWBGq2QfUehdfx4y-b89M-TTJSAZywqWakTpfqNw2xxAqTrGOvrn0pquOK_7u18mEsnTini880GKwhhvV_OQluhXEFPun7O6OQPIVY_U_OSoqdWURu73AXXoLVjpad7Hd0pKXY8KAPlF8tXR_k6-y95Y8bYmcCBNKd0JJbv7xpt_jQBlRiTGpmg/3bv/nBQeCuF5RYKWMkXSSy1Pow/h0/V-BQchDRswaa7Erx-kS0_n34fxcM_BxFJxFDElG3Eok> we invite you to an urgent discussion with poet and Palestinian activist Mohammed El-Kurd, an organizer with Arab Resource & Organizing Center Lara Kiswani, Afro-Colombian organizer Yolanda Perea, and activist with Special Jurisdiction for Peace (JEP) Esther Olujari. We will be learning about what is happening on the ground, how it is intertwined with the struggles we face locally, and hear what are immediate calls to action we can take now to stop the advancement of white supremacy, racial capitalism, and genocide.

[purple, yellow and stone black graphic about the palestine to colombia facebook live event hosted by The Rising Majority]<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/atcYNHk4Eh2YdGnwBh-YDPAZiEt8wwS6hp5wOIb3CiLn19STIlBfJugsk82KRnxMkmYxQpbknpYHV2ZnPxvYpMjiKjdhCg2esHL0IdZTfqh42CsiMMfvs9f4enexphWlAjX24coA78Aofyh6jRR86u3C-MBSNYXsoRLxCa7EWZF0g6YEkkldN1mZi0xQgnUVm-VpuMm_fcbLWpBeTthEz9a1a0btIpBn0KEia70Qb8tEuTNT1R-knon_conF39ZcmqQXAaFs8et44t7yxpklXWLce6b-G38TAVbDnbIPBy2m1oM5E1r9yTYkE2aXa-7Jd5FzuIvVUVQ3f5ydIfleWw/3bv/nBQeCuF5RYKWMkXSSy1Pow/h1/02KEk0SA8ommUjDf7qo6DsA7n8S-StDvMWbsxRSiWI8>

May 14th at 3pmPT<x-apple-data-detectors://4>/5pmCT<x-apple-data-detectors://5>/6pmET<x-apple-data-detectors://6>

To watch click here<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/atcYNHk4Eh2YdGnwBh-YDPAZiEt8wwS6hp5wOIb3CiLn19STIlBfJugsk82KRnxMJ3ZVqc387IZUp9AuRSxM9e_UGHC21hMffeIz-ORO2cZSitdLXIwo2u5ta1bn2yj3MQvDPrX5FLzg_L1hcOiU2auqVS6UMtmtJzAlr3TDtzPNezfMwz9kWOX-hxlRfWVzgtcoH53BfftMpF-kAJCV4c3-Zip_w1r0f7RZG0KI_gp5BPelGgzkXWaleWh1g_Lqz0xPxbiS4AzIIIxso6p66lu3hUKPhiBOgaE_4F1S0N9YzVXuVNl3Ac36AAwen57v9uBfGb_dREoCX5iAN37OKg/3bv/nBQeCuF5RYKWMkXSSy1Pow/h2/XvSBBqU5WdWrr95S5dPsfJxACTaBQ-OIAQMAvSjbaIg>

In addition to joining us on Friday, we ask that you please join us in committing to:

  1.  Taking to the streets this Saturday<x-apple-data-detectors://8> to protest the occupation and bombings of Palestine. Find an action in your city/town here.<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/atcYNHk4Eh2YdGnwBh-YDE-osrDsyUs4KS0eRiq-k7SwYc6ou2j6_Jch6Ycd5cMHGvaqbcvi6QnaAzqZnRKRHZ7DGPsohcQSWWs6iwp9XikUlTzbgnN8ftZ_ScEvjrZ6nzDWiYtL3hvzVkg7mEfpA2J2J8-KwHr_OjAZ7OK9z05eb3o_m-9timcrKNl404xITMl0qOjq7dOpS7o7bjwPS8XuGcZqEameHHlOnskH1I3PLN7tvHQ00Lo1y1Zh1R07ilBlEnTD364sQaBl5J7JOpEuWikCuDmYOza7EkzjbszmqsnLl6hc03Mos5hropVoNfeOyjgCnE2wz6ws_ggDOXBIzp7M8fHw9YeSmpYpwvc/3bv/nBQeCuF5RYKWMkXSSy1Pow/h3/teyGxLbsI9y36c3GqaNG50pRbo_BH2U9D9Dp7KkRg8E>

  2.  Uplifting the stories of resistance of Palestinians and Colombians. There is an intentional effort to censor what is happening on the ground to contain it. We must let the world see. Follow Hashtags #TheFreedomSide #SheikhJarrah #SOSColombia #FreePalestine

  3.  Calling your congress representatives<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/c511-KAjM3jU_4OIFtitbWjT0BxwOrYopt5-FSU40sebwlO8qJ42A3oEjMQPkBV1TyBK3lKqirMYdOaEek9miURBo7W8Bj3WVRUkkEeajQGufNH9cyBYeMKde4oR0jIJSfeTGm8q23K-YEU69uR0gJZ4mdAWYZyE_M9ndFpOsBVTmTwcW0e0c_n1lrCstsfQEFczll0T_07G12TZrF2BpQVtMYJapPAqhqWKWlElMRGhMyT5v_NaHajaE7_kQ4v7HbdZFGEBYtdYlAFb0wnOG24dkFO2H9OO3cXxhrxJUglJhvokYyslf8InqW2Calw8d7oAURXrJNZw3yEienH4E1zVNEFB9GB3fbL04X77ooUvQPKFbYh9OBfUculFZ8yM/3bv/nBQeCuF5RYKWMkXSSy1Pow/h4/gxp3TTfcko3vb7gwhFfTnURx79uTLrZRW0qL5wiCRb4>to pass H.R 2590 a bill that stops U.S conditional aid to Israel that is being used to support the seizure of Palestinian land.

The global tirade of white supremacy and racial capitalism must end. Our lives depend on it. The world where we get to live in our full humanity, dignity, and without fear is within reach, and we can get there when we take action together.

We hope to see you there on the #freedomside

In love + struggle,

Nikita Mitchell

The Rising Majority is a Black and POC-led coalition composed of 75 organizations building an anti-racist, anti-capitalist, and anti-patriarchial violence left towards a radical democracy.

———
******
———

[https://actionnetwork.org/user_files/user_files/000/041/173/original/Copy_of_Rising_Majority_Virtual_Teach_In_Flyer.png]

Estimados luchadores por la libertad,

En las últimas dos semanas hemos visto un aumento de las luchas contra la violencia sancionada por el estado desde Colombia hasta Palestina. Como comunidad comprometida con la resistencia y la libertad para todos, te invitamos a solidarizarte con el pueblo de Colombia y Palestina.

En Colombia, millones han salido a las calles resistiéndose a los aumentos de impuestos que están privando aún más de sus derechos a las comunidades negras e indígenas pobres que sufren para sobrevivir sin un salario digno y que se enfrentan constantemente con la policía y la violencia militarizada.

En Palestina, la reciente violencia de los colonos en el barrio de Sheikh Jarrah en Jerusalén y los continuos bombardeos israelíes en Gaza son evidencia de un proyecto colonial en curso. Los palestinos han resistido el desplazamiento, la depuración étnica y el sionismo desde la creación del estado de Israel en 1948 en la tierra que los palestinos han cultivado durante siglos. No se equivoquen, esto no es un conflicto entre "dos bandos iguales" o una "antigua disputa religiosa", como los medios de comunicación y los funcionarios del gobierno quisieran que creyéramos. Esta es una ocupación en curso sancionada y financiada por Estados Unidos. Una ocupación a la que el pueblo palestino ha resistido durante generaciones.

Su lucha por la dignidad y por el respeto en medio de la intervención estadounidense en cómo se gobiernan significa que todas nuestras vidas están en juego. Sabemos que nuestras luchas por el fin de la vigilancia policial en todas sus formas, un salario digno y la destrucción del capitalismo racial están entrelazadas con luchas a nivel mundial. La evidencia de que nuestras luchas están entrelazadas se ve en cómo las fuerzas policiales de los EE.UU. e Israel colaboran y se entrenan para vigilar, acosar y matar de manera más efectiva a nuestra gente, y cómo los EE.UU. ha utilizado nuestros dólares de impuestos para apoyar guerras y esfuerzos genocidas en Palestina, Colombia y más allá. Además, nuestros dólares que pagamos en impuestos se están utilizando para socavar los movimientos y las personas comprometidas con la libertad en lugar de con las necesidades inmediatas de salud, educación y finanzas de nuestras comunidades.

Hoy, viernes 14 de mayo a las 3 pmPT/5pmCT/6pmET,<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/ialRFclk1m8aQoSHofoPUmVIS_yrSg4v2mmdUfL_v0mNawPp3d6Xb08blqsJdG9apwZhrUry7tvJSI4lg0nGVZHmFr6ACPBlXn9Clb9H8Ya5JcKXnwGe3kP9hqVRZfGuW6cuJCpflT6pnOsEoMfchAWkZqE2oPKKiZRWL5qU90rgYifAOlzYszEwvnNFBGUNElRtwfh4eweTwZwACwhN2SnGisfhAPUrBHt71Y0mIWuKOMf6wF10h2kZS4RoGyWNkX5dYwUwhFyI-JK7Nld491zkMyrplrKLpPJUbb9kNu1gh6eRFvEVPQdQpjpFtxbSXjbfvkyMOFCuLYyWpVRiF6XehiPFbxv9mXNF9UiglLe_4tkik0DqFByZ-fGXtYaX/3bw/iGZoC12kTbWSzQ16FRhzpg/h0/yTFivxrrKiD7NcX1hUB66hg9Oh_acsn12iD5dHu74-s> lo invitamos a una discusión urgente con el poeta y activista palestino Mohammed El-Kurd, el organizador del Centro Árabe de Recursos y Organización Lara Kiswani, la organizadora afrocolombiana Yolanda Perea y la activista Harrinson Cuero. Vamos a aprender acerca de lo que está sucediendo en el suelo, la forma en que se entrelaza con las luchas que enfrentamos a nivel local, y oír lo que son llamadas de inmediato a la acción que podemos tomar ahora para detener el avance de la supremacía blanca, el capitalismo racial y el genocidio.

[purple, yellow, and stone black graphic about the Palestine to Colombia facebook live event hosted by The Rising Majority]<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/ialRFclk1m8aQoSHofoPUmVIS_yrSg4v2mmdUfL_v0mNawPp3d6Xb08blqsJdG9aMZC1oVmjlMTH289kw3qhNCPzU6S0ozUkpHgi84zyayCXXhaRpw1jPZsH_moQeFNqkGGIDWXvfK5DHazZal8vHn4JAG7_viSbwBCz84mBHExvqH8qo7AJW7heTGI6jQAJ85gv594OZiEK_K4Gy7VJxz-50HcFRbPJtndntyiujNbiBE7nhhfcmgyxwfGspJ9CgcCiddZPPH31q6p1mbmxkVOVV5rQklmBPzFrcSyNG6d2IHgC5mpZusttBt_28LYSWhbYFZQAgNyoFRDlvzZqfnXzP3_Q_4ot544uIZwSBGrrP1vRIbjKDCSh1Ffokjqc/3bw/iGZoC12kTbWSzQ16FRhzpg/h1/3r1eJ2VsaGhtch_raE_X3LPXQ6poLhKdfHRjTVC9e-w>Para ver haga clic aquí<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/ialRFclk1m8aQoSHofoPUmVIS_yrSg4v2mmdUfL_v0mNawPp3d6Xb08blqsJdG9aeyQigBV8sPm5f-QZCTYYBHg7yHTvxHXk1nrSLG4vK6uFAFqUz3xQSBr3FRPJON4YxJJu2CWabVWVLjU5axnOArV4-Z9nqH5YYqgTxyo8zUfw4ujCegGTWgpmSAy5XNY5QuQSrIc61mdbuoIRCGxZwFp1shXR44ugwR-gn99kKj1mfWcuzRQbFiZOWGKD47ibsZklID5ldLZ77_K5HhpzcuSeszAGFbgf89AAmTB2_sHMJllo4VqqR9ZRIwNxqPqEKj_HIhrLKWyjoYJ_IDDZGYnDyQfFteBCjGZp3LGa2kIc8A6a-EQ4C029jKw_YJiC/3bw/iGZoC12kTbWSzQ16FRhzpg/h2/JBV_7q4hs53bgyjN8Pn3GfX5NIW5iknpvuClTcEywA4>

Además de unirse a nosotros el viernes, le pedimos que se nos una para comprometerse a:

  1.  Saliendo a las calles este sábado<x-apple-data-detectors://5> para protestar por la ocupación y los bombardeos de Palestina. Encuentra una acción en tu ciudad / pueblo aquí.<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/atcYNHk4Eh2YdGnwBh-YDE-osrDsyUs4KS0eRiq-k7SwYc6ou2j6_Jch6Ycd5cMHGvaqbcvi6QnaAzqZnRKRHZ7DGPsohcQSWWs6iwp9XikUlTzbgnN8ftZ_ScEvjrZ6nzDWiYtL3hvzVkg7mEfpA2J2J8-KwHr_OjAZ7OK9z06rF1WuThv-vrV6CspYSzWeeASwaXdoYrEm_nOGyV5ghuF8bpDIBRucVhk2zIG9SywFasePa_W4kuEKyw05Qarc9h72LWnMg1SbviqD7k6sO6srJps_5rbuHsOB1BOaU44SgbD61yhG4vlaOc_yFC2vVhl_-C5Pfgye3ZqsLItk7PdwKBxtI9LUjToiypQIJd2qVM72rKFfiiCvlT09-iRLmtuBTIcl5ALcvSipBS8pPg1o993b32F2YlkB0WRh0cU/3bw/iGZoC12kTbWSzQ16FRhzpg/h3/ZlJkn602STL6kkZ6p22-JCqxxa_FA1vnbrLB_9W1t_8>

  2.  Edificando las historias de resistencia de palestinos y colombianos. Hay un esfuerzo intencional por censurar lo que está sucediendo en el área para contenerlo. Debemos dejar que todo el mundo vea esto. Siga los hashtags #TheFreedomSide #SheikhJarrah #SOSColombia #FreePalestine

  3.  Llamando a sus representantes en el Congreso<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/c511-KAjM3jU_4OIFtitbWjT0BxwOrYopt5-FSU40sebwlO8qJ42A3oEjMQPkBV1TyBK3lKqirMYdOaEek9miURBo7W8Bj3WVRUkkEeajQGufNH9cyBYeMKde4oR0jIJSfeTGm8q23K-YEU69uR0gJZ4mdAWYZyE_M9ndFpOsBXiQO6NiF0iLACqDznfBi_jKDCtpU2CK9U-z6NJ57y59xOx4FXNVIa3iXT1tucox5TKKHt1IVVOUIgFvs6XnZPKOuszomiWLfdo8dUB4RHLWETVFkJDcNOAmNatzkjtPRJNNonCVEECPqupsnZcVC2hIrAqnFPr24Wj2zimwgM5ruKVgaF9C9c75IfQk5VpXp54Z_mfIpXuCN9T4uFfdemV2R5LoChyd5dNtrFdGjKL5GZT_eiJ94ofigRjDmjm9R0NDsQBQdtwCbBcG9OxSCTS/3bw/iGZoC12kTbWSzQ16FRhzpg/h4/YYqCkQluqITz2KF_q_JBDaqQH_-gy1ItUDtad2Rns1c>para aprobar HR 2590, un proyecto de ley que vuelve condicional la ayuda de Estados Unidos a Israel que se utiliza para apoyar la toma de tierras palestinas.

La diatriba global de la supremacía blanca y el capitalismo racial deben terminar. Nuestras vidas dependen de ello. El mundo en el que podemos vivir con toda nuestra humanidad, dignidad y sin miedo está a nuestro alcance, y podemos llegar allí cuando actuamos juntos.

Esperamos contar con su presencia en el #freedomside #delladolibertario

Con amor y en la lucha,

Nikita Mitchell<mailto:nikita at therisingmajority.com>

Claudio