[act-ma] Julian Assange rally

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 04:25:26 PDT 2021

Supporters of Julian Assange will rally at Park Street Station on the
Boston Common Monday, August 16 from 4:30 to 6.  This will be the regular
meeting place, every other week, until further notice.
Here is the Facebook announcement to share:
https://www.facebook.com/events/519722229287828
<https://www.facebook.com/events/519722229287828/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22surface%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22create_dialog%22%7D]%2C%22ref_notif_type%22%3Anull%7D>
We will be continuing to get letters off to Merrick Garland and signatures
for our senators as well as speaking out about WikiLeaks founder Assange's
imprisonment in a high-security prison in London, awaiting the decision
about extradition to the US, where he faces 175 years for leaking secret
documents about US war crimes.  (The US is appealing the January UK denial
of extradition.)The case is all the more flimsy now that the key witness
for the computer intrusion charge has recanted.  Come help us raise
pressure on the Biden administration to drop this Trump-era prosecution.
 Contact Susan McLucas at SusanBMcL at gmail.com or 617-501-9125 or Paula
Iasella at AssangeBoston at gmail.com.