[act-ma] next Julian Assange rally at First Night

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 20:36:16 PST 2021

People concerned about Julian Assange will gather as part of First Night
Against the Wars in Copley Square on New Year's Eve day, Friday, December
31 from 2 to 3:30 (or longer, if people want to stay.) Lots of people are
in Boston celebrating New Year's Eve and we will bring our message to them
of the injustice of Julian Assange still being in prison.   The founder of
WikiLeaks, his only crime is to have exposed war crimes on the part of US
and other forces in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and at Guantanamo.
Publishing is not a crime! Join us if you agree. We will be on the steps of
the library or close by.
Julian Assange had a mini-stroke on October 27, the second day of the
hearing about whether the UK would accept the US appeal of their decision
not to extradite him. They allowed his extradition to go forward. This
decision and stroke are just what we have been fearing! The Assange defense
team is appealing, of course, but, even if they win, it will take more time
during which he will remain in prison, in failing health. We call on the
Biden administration to stop following in the footsteps of Donald Trump and
drop this unfair prosecution!
Come join us Dec 31, 2-3:30 to bring in a peaceful New Year and help secure
Julian Assange's freedom! The best gift is press freedom and saving the
publisher who put his life on the line for our right to know! Justice will
come if we demand it!
At any time AG Merrick Garland could call off the prosecution. Even if you
can't join us, please write him at the US Department of Justice, 950
Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20530 or call 202-353-1555.
Assuming they continue this farce, the final word will come from the Home
Secretary Priti Patel. Write her at Home Office, 2 Marsham St Westminster,
London SW1P 4DF, UK or Public.Enquiries at homeoffice.gov.uk and tell her not
to extradite this journalist!

FB Invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/451481069656197/

Susan McLucas
617-776-6524, cell: 617-501-9125
BicycleRidingSchool.org, StopExcision.net
14 William St, Somerville, MA 02144