[act-ma] 1/9 The General Strike: Past, Present and Future (Sunday)

Bill Bumpus wbumpus62 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 07:27:31 PST 2021

*The General Strike:*

*Past, Present and Future*

General strikes have toppled governments, put down military coups, won
shorter hours, and forced employers to recognize unions. General strikes
have shut down entire industries, and brought entire cities under
workers' control - at least for a time. General strikes demonstrate our
enormous power, our ability to make a new world, should we organize to
win it. They cause bosses the whole  world over to tremble. We will
explore the history of general strikes, and the possibilities for
rebuilding a labor movement capable of wielding so powerful a force.

*Sunday, January 9, 2022 – 4:00 p.m.*

*The Democracy Center*

*45 Mount Auburn Street, Harvard Square*

Featured speaker: *Jon Bekken, co-editor, */*Anarcho-Syndicalist Review
*/

*Sponsored by Boston Labor Solidarity Committee*
bostonlsc.wordpress.com

masks and vaccinations required

The Democracy Center is partially wheelchair accessible, no accessible
bathroom on site. The Mandela, Parks, and Chavez rooms are accessible,
but the Library is not. Wheelchair users are welcome to use the
accessible restroom at Daedalus while we plan our improvements for
bathroom accessibility. To reach that bathroom, exit the ramp and turn
left on Bow St, at the next building (Daedalus) use their accessible
entrance and their restroom will be on the right. More information at:
democracycenter.org/accessibility. Contactinfo at democracycenter.orgor 617
492 8855 as needed.