[act-ma] Fwd: [BSWG] Jan 18: An Attack on Human Rights – How Should We Respond?

Kevin Heaton kevwsc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 10:15:09 PST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Cole Harrison <cole at masspeaceaction.org<mailto:cole at masspeaceaction.org>>
Date: Tue, Jan 11, 2022, 3:17 PM
Subject: [BSWG] Jan 18: An Attack on Human Rights – How Should We Respond?
To: A New Day For Palestine/Israel <a-new-day-pi at googlegroups.com<mailto:a-new-day-pi at googlegroups.com>>, MAPA P/I Discuss <mapa-pi-discuss at googlegroups.com<mailto:mapa-pi-discuss at googlegroups.com>>, MAPA Palestine/Israel Working Group <mapa-pi-wg at googlegroups.com<mailto:mapa-pi-wg at googlegroups.com>>, Massachusetts Against Israeli Annexation <mass-stop-annexation at googlegroups.com<mailto:mass-stop-annexation at googlegroups.com>>, <gazaonmymindboston at googlegroups.com<mailto:gazaonmymindboston at googlegroups.com>>, <boston-stands-with-gaza at googlegroups.com<mailto:boston-stands-with-gaza at googlegroups.com>>, <Bostonpalrights at googlegroups.com<mailto:Bostonpalrights at googlegroups.com>>, <bostonpalrights21 at googlegroups.com<mailto:bostonpalrights21 at googlegroups.com>>, MA-JAG <ma-jag at googlegroups.com<mailto:ma-jag at googlegroups.com>>

An Attack on Human Rights – How Should We Respond?
Tue January 18 @ 2:00 pm -  3:30 pm  EST
[https://share1.cloudhq-mkt3.net/d03e651f00913d.png]

An attack on human rights – how should we respond? A conversation with Sahar Francis and Ubai Aboudi, directors of two of the Palestinian NGO’s that the Israeli government outlawed

In late October, 2021, the Israeli minister of Defense falsely declared that six eminent and world respected Palestinian human rights and civil society organizations are terrorist groups. In this webinar the directors of two of those organizations will describe the work their organizations do and this attack on them.

In these perilous times, we desperately need to be seeking and supporting the truth. Please listen to these courageous people and discern for yourself if reporting human rights and defending civil liberties should be outlawed and consider our suggestions for doing something about it.

 * * *

Sahar Francis:

Since 2006, Sahar Francis has been the General Director of Ramallah-based Addameer Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association, a Palestinian NGO providing legal and advocacy support to Palestinian political prisoners in Israeli and Palestinian prisons. An attorney by training, she joined the association in 1998, first as a human rights lawyer, then as head of the Legal Unit. With over twenty years of human rights experience, including human rights counseling and representation, Ms. Francis also was on the Board of Defence for Children International – Palestine Section for 4 years.

 * * *

Ubai Aboudi:

Father of three, Husband to Journalist Hind Shraydeh, Msc Economics focusing on Development and Social protection, Executive Director of Bisan Center for Research and Development, Editor in Chief of Altaqadomi (The Progressive) a peer reviewed journal on Development in Arabic. Human Rights Defender and former Political Prisoner by Israel and the P.A.  Ubai is one of Scientists for Palestine’s (S4P) closest partners and worked tirelessly to make the Third International Meeting on Science in Palestine, which took place on January 10-12, 2020, at MIT, happen, though his detention prevented him from attending and presenting his own research.

[Register] Register to attend. <https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUvceutrDIrE9NnzPGhdrdQwgKs6pJB8IEc>

Take action by signing this petition: https://secure.everyaction.com/1VgQ9erzyEWdozujhGBx-g2

 http://masspeaceaction.org/event/an-attack-on-human-rights-how-should-we-respond/

--
"Not one step back"

Cole Harrison
he/him
Executive Director
Massachusetts Peace Action - the Commonwealth's largest grassroots peace organization
11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
617-354-2169 w (Messages only at this time)
617-466-9274 m
www.masspeaceaction.org <http://www.masspeaceaction.org/>
FB: @ masspeaceaction <https://www.facebook.com/masspeaceaction>    T: @ masspeaceaction <https://twitter.com/masspeaceaction> IG: masspeaceaction Youtube: masspeaceaction

Subscribe to our e-alerts: bit.ly/mapa-subscribe<http://bit.ly/mapa-subscribe>