[act-ma] 1/31 Marcha para Conducir! March to Drive: Licenses For All!

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Jan 30 18:20:44 PST 2022

Marcha para Conducir! March to Drive: Licenses For All!
Park Street T Station
3:30 PM
March to the Statehouse

With so much support from the community, and endorsements from hundreds
of organizations, we are SO CLOSE to passing licenses for all in
Massachusetts! The deadline for the Joint Transportation Committee to
vote on the bill is February 2nd. If the Transportation Committee does
not vote by this date, we will have to go back to square one and start
the fight all over again. We can’t let this happen when we are so close
to passing this legislation NOW!
Join us on January 31st as we march to the State House to demand that
the committee vote and pass An Act Relative to Work and Family Mobility
(H.3456 & S.2289).

Undocumented immigrants across the state are left with no choice but to
drive without a license each day, risking their safety in order to bring
their kids to school, or go to work and support their families. Access
to drivers’ licenses is a basic service that the undocumented community
deserves. Massachusetts lawmakers have an obligation to protect their
residents. We want more than just false promises, we want drivers’
#LicensesForAll
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/licensesforall?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZU78oC6vkNsSY-wEnES4XNDegfiuvV3sD5S7hhB-GRJJKhBdr3pzKrCxrhhGivMddXyqN8HJHeH0U11PMEriwcqU9EjmZmcdmIF1rIdmtbdFl7N01wxGuNiGUWqX2OtO8w&__tn__=q>!
For 15 years, the undocumented community of Massachusetts has been
fighting for drivers’ licenses regardless of immigration status. Sixteen
states have already passed similar legislation, and several more are
considering it.

¡Con tanto apoyo de la comunidad, y endosos de centenares de
organizaciones, estamos TAN CERCA de pasar licencias para todos en
Massachusetts!
La fecha límite para que el Comité Conjunto de Transporte vote sobre el
proyecto de ley es el 2 de febrero. Si la comite de Transporte no vota
en esta fecha, tendremos que volver a la plaza y comenzar la lucha de
nuevo. ¡No podemos permitir que esto suceda cuando estamos tan cerca de
aprobar esta legislación AHORA!
Únase a nosotros el 31st de enero cuando marchamos a la casa estatal.
https://www.facebook.com/events/438218208034789/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%7D]%7D