[act-ma] 2/25th Dean Stevens: the World Tour of My Living Room!

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Wed Feb 23 10:14:48 PST 2022

CCB Friday Concert Series, Feb 25th @7PM: "Dean Stevens: the World Tour
of My Living Room!"
View the full graphical version of  this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/communitychurchofboston/ccb-music-fridays-feb-25th-7pm-dean-stevens-in-concert-4761698?e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*Friday, February 25th at 7PM:*
*Dean Stevens: The World Tour of My Living Room!*

Dear Friends,

I’ve done this Winter Fridays Series for 6 weeks now, and it’s had a
tremendous response. I want to thank you on behalf of all of the
performers, for joining us, and for opting to buy tickets, donating
extra, and feeding the PayPal tip jar. I’ve been truly enjoying it,
having a Friday night hang with a bunch of friends from all kind of
places near and far. And we’ve raised several thousand dollars for
performers whose livelihood has been so affected by demon virus. Thanks!
And there are more coming, all the way through the end of March (see below).

Now I’ve got to get to another kind of work, figuring out what I’m going
to sing for you next Friday! I’ll be doing the gig, and I’ll find out
the hard way if you can host a gig and play the same gig all at the same
time! Walk and chew gum I cannot, but I’ll do this. Look out!!

Here’s some new bio I just wrote myself (bad idea!). The old stuff was
about 30 years old:

Dean Stevens is a living legend in his own mind. Having for forty years
toured the world tour of his own house and a few other places nearby, he
is ready to hit the big times. Here he comes, bounding through the
Covidian haze, laden down with a pile of songs you’ve never heard and
that he hasn’t had time to practice. But give him about a week, he’ll be
ready. Dean will come packing his new Bamboo guitar, and bragging about
the enormous library of books that just landed in the studio (Lothrop
Auditorium of The Community Church of Boston
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=b4e89f4a06&e=3e8e4cf5c6>).

“Dean Stevens’ songs celebrate the earth and its living things, cry out
for justice, commemorate the fallen and annoy the narrow minded.” Dean
Stevens (never write a blurb for yourself) (I’ll leave out the Pete
Seeger, Geoff Bartley and Bob Franke quotes)

All proceeds from this concert will benefit Teosinte, El Salvador. The
beautiful crafts Dean shamelessly peddles are sewn there. Teosinte, a
repopulated community of former refugees, has been for 30 years a
regular stop on Dean’s El Salvador journeys. Teosinte has a serious
problem of water shortage in the dry season. The Arlington (MA) Teosinte
Sister City Project is having a GoFundMe
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=85835fb2d4&e=3e8e4cf5c6> campaign
for a water project to enhance and make safe their water supply. This
will benefit an entire community, including the six skilled tailors who
make us all those beautiful items
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=7600d2462d&e=3e8e4cf5c6> sewn
from Guatemala fabric. Find out about this campaign HERE
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=aed53ae5af&e=3e8e4cf5c6>,
and meet my wonderful long time friend, health promoter Rafael Guardado
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=ecaf65840d&e=3e8e4cf5c6> who
will tell you about Teosinte, and its water situation.

Join us, for some tunes, from me and a couple of friends, and help us
raise funds for a good good cause. Buy tickets here. Want to visit these
villages some time? Be in touch. I’m planning a trip this Summer!

Love Always, DEAN

/Winter Fridays is a FREE concert series, hosted by The Community Church
of Boston. But we hope you will donate generously to THE PERFORMERS. You
can buy a ticket from this Eventbrite page, or make a sliding scale
donation. Or you can feed the Paypal Tipjar on the night of the
show”….ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE PERFORMERS./

*• **Feb. 25:* Dean Stevens
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=6ab91a3529&e=3e8e4cf5c6>
*• **Mar. 4: *Ritt Henn & Beth Falcone
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=21926a705e&e=3e8e4cf5c6>
*• **Mar. 11: *Suzy Williams & Brad Kay *• Mar. 18: *Moira Smiley

/Copyright © 2022 Community Church of Boston, All rights reserved./
You're receiving this email because you provided Community Church of
Boston with your email address at a Sunday forum or other event.

*Our mailing address is:*
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116