[act-ma] New Year's Eve event at Makeshift

Kevin Heaton kevwsc at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 25 16:35:41 PST 2022

We are excited to announce that we are co-hosting a New Years Eve Benefit Show and Party along with other local organizations.
MakeShift, 549 Columbus Ave, December 31st, from 6pm until late in the night.
The theme is New Years 2003, and we’re taking it back 20 years to when the LPC was in the building known as MakeShift, at 549 Columbus Ave. Get in your aughts spirit and fashion!

6pm: we will start with a film screening: “The Old Man and Jesus: Prophets of Rebellion” with the filmmaker in attendance from Venezuela.
6-9pm: During the movie, local orgs will be tabling upstairs. Come meet them and learn about the work they do! @lucyparsonscenter @massfeministstrugglecommittee and others!
9pm: Ras Guarapo, the filmmaker, is also a musician! He will perform a live set of his Reggae-Trova music (Trova is a style of guitar/singing music from Cuba with radical origins).
10pm-late: The resident LPC DJs will be playing dance music, from 2003 throwbacks to current tracks.

We are asking for sliding scale donations ($5-20) at the door, to support the artists and the organizations in attendance. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.

Come learn about our current efforts to save MakeShift from being sold and to keep this vital part of our community alive. We are excited to bring festive spirit back into the space after many years!

Celebrate responsibly: please stay home if you feel sick, do a Covid test before if you can, and be mindful to keep your substance use from interfering with other community members.