[act-ma] 12/29 Planning meeting for 18th Annual First Night Against the Wars

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Dec 25 11:03:38 PST 2022

Thursday, December 29, 7:30 PM
Please join the Zoom meeting: phone info below
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85907977991?pwd=YnBPbFFwcStueEJtcEFUVnN6ais0UT09
Boston Mayday, Food for Activists, Boston Area Julian Assange
supporters, a Palestinian Support contingent  and the honk band Babam
will be there.
Other co-sponsors welcome.

The actual event will be 12/31 from noon to 5 PM.

Living today in a country perpetually at war, it is only fitting that
this December 31 will mark the 18th annual celebration of First Night
Against the Wars.
Every year folks seeking an end to our permanent war culture gather in
Copley Square to bring free food, banners, literature, fliers, stickers,
buttons, and the antiwar holiday spirit to many thousands of First Night
revelers who may long for peace.

Your participation would contribute greatly to that spirit. Bring what
you wish and join in the spectacle. So often the holiday festivities
fail to celebrate the resistance coming from working people and the
oppressed to the wars against women, oppressed nationalities, LGBT
folks, the climate, the poor, and other countries.
We will be setting up near the corner of Boylston and Dartmouth Streets.
Look for our signs and banners. Please join us.

Note: We may be in a slightly different location this year. They are
moving the performance stage to the Old Library Entrance. We might have
to set up directly across the street from the Community Church of Boston
at 565 Boylston Street.
For info: 857-272-6743

Check the facebook event announcement for the most up to date information.
https://www.facebook.com/events/806430410444394/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%7D]%7D