[act-ma] 2/10 Pena @E5: From Gaza with love let's not stop talking about occupation & apartheid in Palestine!!

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Feb 10 07:33:05 PST 2024

 Join us for a night of folklore, storytelling, arte y amor, the poetry of
struggle bringing herstories to life to our circles of song.

Since October 7th and the increased violence against Palestinians, it’s
important to reorient ourselves in the longstanding history of Palestinians
and Black Americans being in solidarity with each other throughout our
various struggles over the last decades. To many Black Americans today, the
connection between Black liberation and Palestinian liberation may seem
distant, but historically, we have organized, resisted, and theorized
alongside each other.
Additionally, the U.S. government’s 75-year alignment with Israel has been
seen by many as supporting an oppressive occupation and an apartheid
system, further fueling support for the Palestinian cause among Black
activists. These factors, along with cultural exchanges and high-profile
visits, such as Malcolm X’s 1964 trip to the Middle East and North Africa,
have deepened ties between the two communities. This has contributed to
increased Black support for the Palestinian cause, leading right up to the
present. In today’s context, we must ask ourselves,
what does Palestinian self-determination mean?

Refreshments will be provided Suggested donation: $5
No one will be turned away.

Invite your Facebook friends
<https://www.facebook.com/events/765110408280429>