[Act-ma_discuss] PLEASE SHARE: Bio4Climate announces Dee Woods at Bio4Climate mini-conference 11/20/21 Code Red at Glasgow: What Did They Miss? - Saturday Nov. 20 at 10am ET - with Andrew Revkin and Joseph Michael Hunt

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Fri Nov 19 13:01:46 PST 2021

From: Paula Phipps [mailto:paula.c.phipps at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2021 12:56 PM

Greetings friends,

This is a rare opportunity to hear from a frontline activist from the international peasant and small farmers movement, La Via Campesina.  Please post and share widely.  Environmental journalist Andrew Revkin and Harvard Professor Joseph M. Hunt will join her in conversation.

Nature's Solutions as National Policy

Code Red at Glasgow: What Did They Miss?

Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 10 a.m. ET

Read more and register here

At Biodiversity for a Livable Climate, we are hosting our third Nature's Solutions as National Policy event, Code Red at Glasgow: What Did They Miss?, to address where grassroots movements to protect and restore ecosystems factor into global plans for climate action. This Saturday November 20th from 10 am - 12 pm ET, we will welcome Andrew Revkin, Joseph Michael Hunt, and Dee Woods onto a panel to reflect on the Glasgow COP26 summit and address missing pieces from those talks and their outcomes.

Introducing Dee Woods, community advocate for food justice at the Land Workers Alliance, a member organization of La Via Campesina. Dee and colleagues were key organizers of actions and policy proposals at COP 26 that impact small farmers in Europe and globally.

  <https://bloomerang-bee.s3.amazonaws.com/images/clapton_cysx6cjdvalm_us_west_2_rds_amazonaws_com_biodiversityforalivableclimate/editor_images/DeeWoodsSpeakerHighlight.png>

Dee Woods is a food and farming advocate and founder of Granville Community Kitchen in London. She champions good food for all and a more just and equitable food and farming system, working as Food Justice Policy Coordinator for the Land Workers' Alliance. She took part in the Land Workers' Alliance and La Via Campesina delegation to COP26 both as an accredited delegate and in social movement spaces 'outside’. Fresh from the frontlines of the Glasgow summit, Dee will be joining us to share insights on that experience and where the work of community driven efforts for food sovereignty and justice continues from here.

Read Dee's interview on women's empowerment and food justice, check out an episode of the Hunger for Justice series she did on food sovereignty, and learn more about the Land Workers' Alliance and La Via Campesina and their mission to promote food sovereignty, agroecology, and social justice and dignity within and beyond their network of 200 million farmers worldwide.

Catch Dee, along with Andrew Revkin and Joseph Michael Hunt by registering below and tuning in on November 20. We have a sliding scale of pricing options for attendees’ budgetary needs, so please purchase a paid registration if you are able. However, we never turn people away from our events based on ability to pay, so free registration is also available.

Purchase a Ticket

Register for Free

Read more about the conference and speakers here. Looking forward to seeing you this Saturday!

Our Contact Information

Biodiversity for a Livable Climate

P.O. Box 390469
Cambridge, MA 02139