[Act-ma_discuss] Sept 22, CIVIL WAR documentary + discussion at the Coolidge

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Wed Sep 15 10:40:12 PDT 2021

Dear All,

On Wednesday, Sept 22 at 7pm, the Coolidge Corner Theatre will be hosting a screening and discussion of the new documentary CIVIL WAR (OR, WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE).

Written and directed by three-time Emmy nominee Rachel Boynton (Big Men, Our Brand is Crisis), CIVIL WAR looks at how Americans tell the story of their Civil War and grapple with America's legacy of slavery and racism.

Henry Louis Gates Jr., who executive produced the film, wrote: "In this time of reckoning in the country, Rachel Boynton's journey into the heart of Civil War memory reveals just how contested, and personal, the meaning of this defining event in our history remains."

After the film, join us for a panel discussion about tackling race, racism and US History in American classrooms. Participants include filmmaker Rachel Boynton; Museum of African-American History's L’Merchie Frazier; Boston Latin School's Cate Arnold; and other guests TBA.

Tickets and info here:

https://coolidge.org/films/civil-war-or-who-do-we-think-we-are

Please note that the Coolidge requires proof of vaccination and masks for entry; you can view our safety protocols here <https://coolidge.org/health-safety-guidelines> .

Best,