[Act-ma_discuss] Thursday Rally Against No Fly Zone in Ukraine

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Wed Mar 16 13:10:44 PDT 2022

Rally Against a No-Fly Zone

Thursday, March 17 @ Noon

Park Street Station, Boston

Massachusetts residents Say "NO" to No-Fly Zone over Ukraine

Negotiate, don’t Escalate

Bring signs all of which should focus on opposing a No fly zone.

Massachusetts Peace Action calls on all peace-loving people to rally in opposition to a "No Fly Zone" over Ukraine.   Instead of escalating the conflict in Ukraine, we must press for a ceasefire and urgent negotiations.

We must take the idea of a No Fly Zone off the table. A no fly zone is not the road to peace. It is most likely the road to a direct US conflict with Russia and even nuclear holocaust. We call on all those in the media and in Congress who have been promoting this policy to consider the ominous implications of such a plan and to take this idea off the table before it's too late.

A no fly zone is not a magical force field that will somehow ground Russian planes.  It is a commitment that US forces will shoot down Russian jets.  If and when the first Russian or American plane is shot down. What happens next?

We support President Biden and many of our military leaders on this, because they know the frightening answers to these questions.  They must not be stampeded by the national fervor in support of those suffering in Ukraine to move in the direction of what they know is the likely outcome of such a military policy.

Massachusetts Peace Action condemns the Russian invasion of Ukraine and calls on Russia to withdraw its troops.  We acknowledge that NATO expansion fed Russia’s security fears and that all nations must be secure for any nation to be secure.  We call for an immediate ceasefire followed by urgent negotiations to resolve all outstanding issues.

We call on like-minded peace supporters to organize standouts and rallies across Massachusetts between March 17-20 to show opposition to a No Fly Zone and other measures to escalate the Ukraine conflict.

It is a dangerous time. A time to think through the implications of our policies for Ukraine, for Europe, for our country and for whether there will be a future for our children and the children of the world.