[Act-ma_discuss] Join the Stop the money Pipeline: Text Action Team

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Mon Mar 21 15:13:57 PDT 2022

From: Stop the Money Pipeline [mailto:info at stopthemoneypipeline.com]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 3:38 PM

  <https://can2-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/email_templates/logos/000/028/199/original/STMP-logo-horizontal-red-white.png>

This year, Citi, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America will host their annual shareholder meetings on the same day ― Tuesday, April 26th.

Shareholders at all three banks will vote on one key question: whether the banks should do what is necessary to limit global warming to below 1.5°C, and end funding for the expansion of the fossil fuel industry.

To build support for these vital shareholder resolutions, we are launching the Stop the Money Pipeline Text Action Team. Sign up here to join the Text Action Team.

What is the Stop the Money Pipeline Text Action Team? Once you sign up to join the Text Action Team, we will text you once a week to ask you to take one quick, simple action. We'll ask you to make phone calls to the CEOs and executives of banks and insurance companies. And we'll ask you to take actions that help push major investors, such as BlackRock and Vanguard, to vote the right way on this year’s key shareholder resolutions.

Once you sign up, you should receive your first text later this week. And we will continue to invite you to take a weekly action between now and JPMorgan Chase’s annual shareholder meeting, which we expect to be in the third week of May.

Sign up to join the Stop the Money Pipeline Text Action Team.

The last time we ran our Text Action Team, we generated over one thousand phone calls to bank CEOs funding the climate crisis. This time, we’ll not only be calling the banks but their investors, too.

Doing all that we can to support these resolutions could hardly be more important. In recent days, record-breaking heat has been recorded in both the Arctic and Antarctica. Areas of the Arctic have been up to fifty degrees warmer than normal; parts of Antarctica have been seventy degrees warmer than usual.

It’s absolutely imperative that we stop expanding the fossil fuel industry without delay.

Together, we can make our voices heard.

In solidarity,
- the Stop the Money Pipeline team

Sent via  <https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/O93kI8o-kT9cRvZ9zJLPP860qXFcvweDHZkUEJZuK-c/3kj/9K2pqgRLQuWtuUoxODY-QQ/h6/n8ha7mZ4894vaGvhwR9xtr7whtRd6WL4ZZTyfvvDIHU> ActionNetwork.org. To update your email address, change your name or address, or to stop receiving emails from Stop The Money Pipeline, please  <https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/P8Elou2Rvc0qoMPEUZrMXcOpy_XqN4R2ZGjoK-5zZnl7NBjmTZL5F5oqdT0MFW4GpEffMozPPtPwVtiVSGaNhWy3NIC_haX__uhEGmg2yIn88WeA1nAFBDaITOXNiZoUKj0gZwqtUN_PORgV3khWsnR-vpmqwqeEGhndEqp0uikhDHMsqV12m8DDAjJPhYLskxeO6zLPM_7VhGXbW5t24eZND9c9xWG9GSzrkRsHInQ3pZIkK-OkkaOPdESXNFo6MgOwuL4SgbrEn5SWd4X9Eg/3kj/9K2pqgRLQuWtuUoxODY-QQ/h7/YFYbAlJU_dnalAVoxvVRlgrrhrGzwlssb8slI4I_o1g> click here.

  <https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/o/sKxQ9Tusut-gXiwfMaIEaQ/3kj/9K2pqgRLQuWtuUoxODY-QQ/ho.gif>