[act-ma] Connecting, Data & Dating... With Less Stress

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 09:11:39 PST 2014

Ok, so it's almost the end of January. Have you given up on your
resolutions yet? Socializing for Justice is here to help!

SoJust is all about building a cross-issue progressive community and
network in Boston. We're doing it by putting the social back in social
justice. We focus on creating welcoming spaces that foster
relationship-building across issue silos.

As always - www.sojust.org is chock full of great resources to help you get
connected to Boston's social justice community. Jobs Board, Calendar of
Progressive Events, and 2400 SoJusters.

Join us at these 3 upcoming events if you are ready to go beyond allies to
build stronger relationships within a cross-issue progressive movement.

1/23: Connecting for Justice (@SoJust Open House)
2/3: ProfDev: Manage Date With Less Stress
2/14: Dating While Progressive (@SoJust Single's Party) - Valentine's Day!

For Justice,
Robbie
SoJust Co-Founder
Connecting for Justice (@SoJust Open House)
Thursday, January 23 - 6-8:30PM
Lir on Boylston Street (by Hynes Convention Ctr)
Join us to *celebrate 7+ years, 2400 members, 165+ events and countless
connections* made since 2006! *Haven't been to a Socializing for Justice
networking social?* It’s time to meet 120+ friendly SoJusters! Meet
like-minded progressives and get connected to great social justice
organizations in Boston.

*Job hunting? *Connecting for Justice features a Jobs Board filled with
dozens of jobs posted on our website. *Bring your resume! *The NonProfit
Career Coach will offer free 5-10 minute review of nonprofit resumes at the
event.

*RSVP: www.sojust.org <http://www.sojust.org> - **newcomers always
welcomed!*
*Cost:* $5-$20 collected at the door. Donate $10 more more to enter a
raffle. Raffle entrants also choose which local organization receives 25%
of proceeds.
 *A great spread of complimentary appetizers will be provided.*

 ProfDev: Manage Date With Less Stress by Jenn Taylor, 501Partners
Monday, February 3 - 6-8:30PM
The NonProfit Center (by South Station)

Are you a nonprofit that's overwhelmed by technology? Do you feel like the
unimaginable pile of tech you're working with isn't quite paying off with
less work? Is it frustrating that even with extensive data management tools
at your disposal, you're not able to efficiently manage or create reports
from your data?

More and more nonprofits are moving towards more sophisticated data
gathering. But for all the rewards of this trend, they run a risk
of unintentionally increasing their workload by adding new tools and new
reporting demands that are out of alignment. This is especially true for
small and mid-sized nonprofits who lack a central IT and data management
staff to help them design and implement these tools.

This training draws on nearly two decades of experience helping real, busy
people deal with large, complex data systems. You'll learn some new ways of
thinking about data lifecycle that can have real impact on your daily
workload and empower you to get what you need out of technology consultants.

*Fee: $10 advance/$20 door*
*Limited space - register ahead of time: www.sojust.org
<http://www.sojust.org>* - *newcomers always welcomed!*
Credit cards accepted online. Cash only at the door (if space available).

Dating While Progressive (@SoJust Singles Party)
Friday, February 14 - 6-8:30PM - Valentine's Day!
Lir on Boylston (by Hynes Convention Center)

Sick of online dating? Got room for more love in your life? Ready to meet
great like-minded progressives? Then you'll want to join us for Dating
While Progressive, a fun and welcoming singles party!

Yes, we mean you. Anyone who's single and/or available is invited!
Attendees are all ages, races, genders, sexual orientations, levels of
activism and professions. Some just moved to Boston and others were born
here. We hope you see someone like yourself and meet someone you otherwise
wouldn't have.

No Program. No Speaker. (No Speed Dating.) Just Us. For Justice.

*RSVP: www.sojust.org <http://www.sojust.org> - **newcomers always
welcomed!*
* Cost:* $5-$20 collected at the door. Donate $10 more more to enter a
raffle. Raffle entrants also choose which local DV organization receives
25% of proceeds.
 *A great spread of complimentary appetizers will be provided.*

*SoJust isn't a non-profit 501(c)(3) and receives no outside
funding.*We're a grassroots volunteer-run member-supported cross-issue
progressive
community that's been growing steadily since August 2006. We have 2400
members, we have hosted 165+ events and we manage an online hub of
progressive events and resources at www.sojust.org.

If you've benefited from this cross-issue progressive network please
contribute the suggested annual membership fee of $25. You may do this
online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our events. Thank you for
helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded progressives of all
stripes.