[act-ma] Last Call - GLADHour 2/26 - Happy Hour for Fans of LGBTQ Equal Justice

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 05:24:55 PST 2014

You might know me from my trainings or through Socializing for Justice, by
day I'm the Senior Manager of Events and Donor Engagement at Gay & Lesbian
Advocates & Defenders. Please join me on Wednesday, 2/26 at a special happy
hour to learn how GLAD is fighting to make sure that "equal justice under
law" is more than a phrase carved in granite on the U.S. Supreme Court
building.

Best,
Robbie

GLADHour: Happy Hour for Fans of LGBTQ Equal Justice
Wednesday, February 26, 6:00-8:30PM
Lir, 903 Boylston Street, Boston (across from Hynes Convention Center)

Attend Gay & Lesbian Advocate & Defenders' happy hour for fans of equal
justice! You'll enjoy great food and drinks in a relaxed and fun atmosphere
while networking with fellow supporters of LGBTQ equality.

Join us to learn more about GLAD's advocacy from Ben Klein, Senior
Attorney and AIDS Law Project Director. He will talk about a recent
landmark victory in Maine's highest court establishing for the first time
in the country that denying a transgender girl the use of the girl's
restroom is illegal discrimination. Another lawsuit Ben will be discussing
was filed in late January against a Catholic school for terminating a
Director of Food Services because he is in a same-sex marriage. Ben will
also provide an update about our efforts to secure access to treatment for
lipodystrophy, a disfiguring side effect of HIV medications.

RSVP at www.glad.org/event/2014GH1
Donation: $5-$20+ (at the door).
Raffle ticket for every $10. Win a $25 iTunes gift card!
Great spread of complimentary hors d'oeuvres * Cash bar

Co-sponsored by Mass LGBTQ Bar Association

Through strategic litigation, public policy advocacy, and education, Gay &
Lesbian Advocates & Defenders works in New England and nationally to create
a just society free of discrimination based on gender identity and
expression, HIV status, and sexual orientation. Learn more about our 35+
years at www.glad.org.