[act-ma] Will you support the ordinary people of Japan who have been suffering immeasurably from Fukushima over the last three years?

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Wed Mar 5 12:43:37 PST 2014

Dear friends,

You could really make a big difference in the lives of the ordinary people
of Japan, people like you and us, who have been suffering immeasurably for
three years from Fukushima.SIMPLY BY SHOWING UP.

The Japanese people have asked people worldwide to stand in solidarity with
them on the third anniversary of Fukushima.  The exact anniversary date is
March 11, 2011, and there are events all over the world throughout the week,
starting on March 9 in many places in  Europe.
http://fukushimathirdanniversaryevents.blogspot.com/

On Thursday, March 13, here in Boston, we will be standing at the Japanese
Consulate in solidarity with the people of Japan. We ask you to join us,
this one single morning, to get up really early, dress very warmly and come
and stand for one hour on a very cold (most likely) corner, hold a banner,
make your own sign, tweet, livestream, donate money to help pay for our new
banners for this event and ongoing and to copy these letters and hand them
out that day, bring a friend or two, bring your children, bring your
grandchildren, write a letter to the Prime Minister of Japan - Shinzo Abe -
and the Japanese Consul General here in Boston - Akira Muto -  (one letter
addressed to both). Each person will read aloud to the Consul General their
letter that morning before they get sent off to Abe in Tokyo by the Consul
General.  If you are going to write and read your letter, you must include
your name and full address.

The vigil is 8:15AM - 9:15AM, at the corner of Atlantic Ave and Summer
Street, in front of the Federal Reserve Bldg at South Station (take the red
line or commuter rail). The Japanese Consulate is on the 22nd floor. We will
be outside the building.

Don't you want to tell your children, grandchildren and all the children of
the world that you did everything you possibly could to stop the global
tragedy, catastrophe and nightmare of Fukushima.?

Please, email and/or call with any questions and if you want a wake up call
that AM

Kindest regards,

>From all of us who vigil weekly ON BEHALF OF PLANET EARTH
And Supported by:
Veterans for Peace
Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), Boston Branch
Pax Christi, Boston
South Shore Citizens for Peaceful Solutions
Cambridge United for Justice With Peace
Arlington United for Justice With Peace

When our nuclear power plants have gone up in smoke,
What do you think will happen to all us poor folks?
Oh, our hair will fall out and it won't be a joke
When our nuclear plants have all gone up in smoke.
By Jean Miller, of ON BEHALF OF PLANET EARTH AND WILPF, BOSTON

Sheila Parks, Ed.D.
On Behalf of Planet Earth
Watertown, MA
sheilaruthparks at comcast.net