[act-ma] An urgent message from Northeastern SJP students: solidarity rally Tuesday March 18 at 10 AM

Marilyn Levin marilynl at alumni.neu.edu
Sat Mar 15 09:13:03 PDT 2014

URGENT - NORTHEASTERN STUDENTS FOR JUSTICE IN PALESTINE SUSPENDED BY
UNIVERSITY.  COME TO SOLIDARITY RALLY TUESDAY, MARCH 18, 10 AM.

The administration of Northeastern University has suspended Students for
Justice in Palestine (SJP) after months of discriminatory restrictions. Two
students of color face disciplinary action for leafletting student
dormitories, while no white SJP members have been singled out for sanctions.

 These two students will attend disciplinary hearings on the morning of
Tuesday, March 18th and SJP has called for the solidarity of the greater
Boston community.  Whether you support justice for Palestine or simply free
speech on campus, come out at 10 AM to defend these brave students who have
done nothing more than speak out for human rights.

We will meet on the public sidewalk in front of the Krentzman Quadrangle, by
the Northeastern University stop on the MBTA Green line.

 We will march entirely on public sidewalks, and legal observers will be
present.

 Please spread the word far and wide!