[act-ma] 3/18 (Tuesday) Linux class, 6:30pm @ SETC

Steve Revilak steve at srevilak.net
Sat Mar 15 18:13:23 PDT 2014

Wanna learn about Linux?  Join us on Tuesday Mar 18th, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
at the South End Technology Center [1], 359 Columbus Ave., Boston.

GNU/Linux is a free software; that's free as in freedom, and free as
in beer.  It's a full-featured operating system, developed by people
from all around the world, and it comes without the costs (or
restrictions) imposed by proprietary systems like Windows and Mac OS.

This week, we'll do an intro to the command line: how to navigate
around the file system, examine files, and edit them.  The eventual
goal is to take a tour of Linux's GUI start up scripts, to see how
they work, and to see how we can hack them.

Hope you can join us.

Steve

[1] http://www.tech-center-enlightentcity.tv/contactus.html
     (We usually meet in the middle room, or in the fab lab).