[act-ma] [UJP] Tax Day 2014: We pay our taxes. Are we getting what we need?

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Mon Mar 24 03:30:04 PDT 2014

UJP: Tax Day 2014: We pay our taxes. Are we getting what we need? P,LI, BODY,
DIV.event-when,DIV.event-where {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;
font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align: center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;}
H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;} IMG {border: 2px solid black;} LI
{font-size: 13px;} .rtecenter {text-align: center;} .rteindent1 {margin-left:
10pt; }
======== TAX DAY 2014: WE PAY OUR TAXES. ARE WE GETTING WHAT WE NEED? ========

/Tax Day 2014/

We pay our taxes.

/Are we getting what we need?/

The way we raise and spend our taxes tells us a lot about what our country
has become.

Why do working people pay their taxes, while the rich and corporations get
huge tax breaks?

Why are we cutting medical research, Head Start, housing, food stamps and
unemployment insurance -- while we spend more on the Pentagon than the next
10 countries combined?

Why is there no national jobs program -- when there are still more than 10
million unemployed and our state plans to spend $2 billion on new prisons?

Why can energy companies pollute the atmosphere and destroy the climate, but
there is no price for emitting carbon?

We need a /Budget for All!/

Tax Day
Rally

Saturday, April 12, 2:00 pm
Emmanuel Church
15 Newbury St., Boston

Speakers:

Barney Frank • Mel King • Jim McGovern
Harris Gruman, SEIU • Grace Ross
Diane Dujon • Lew Finfer • Jay Kaufman
Our friends and neighbors being impacted by destructive budget decisions in
Washington, elected state officials and community leaders

Protest Corporate Tax Cheats

Saturday, April 12, 12:30 pm
Bank of America
440 Boylston St. at Berkeley St., Boston

Loopholes allowed Bank of America to avoid over $4 billion in taxes in 2012

/Budget for All!/ • info at budget4allmass.org [1] • 617-354-2169
• www.budget4allmass.org [2]

*/Stop the Cuts – Invest in Jobs – Tax the 1% – Bring the Troops Home
– Reduce Military Spending/*

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[4]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [5]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [6] Upcoming Events:  Manufactured
Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare [7] Thu Mar 27 7:00pm
Cambridge Friends Meeting Cambridge One Nation—Under Surveillance [8] Sat
Mar 29 10:00am Central Connecticut State University New Britain, CT Dirty
Wars [9] Tue Apr 1 7:00pm St. James School Rm. Salem The Politics of Water:
 From Israel and Palestine to Chelsea and Beyond [10] Thu Apr 3 6:00pm Chelsea
Collaborative Chelsea Nonviolent Action: The Teachers of Norway [11] Wed Apr
9 7:00pm Boston College Newton Campus Newton Campaign Nonviolence Training
[12] Sat Apr 12 9:00am Cambridge Friends Meeting Cambridge We Pay our Taxes.
Are we getting what we need? [13] Sat Apr 12 12:30pm Emmanuel Church Boston
Pivoting for Peace in Asia/Pacific [14] Sat Apr 19 9:30am Cambridge Friends
Meeting Cambridge
/More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]/

[1] mailto:info at budget4allmass.org
[2] http://www.budget4allmass.org/
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate