[act-ma] [UJP] Tax Day 2014: We pay our taxes. Are we getting what we need?

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Wed Apr 9 15:00:03 PDT 2014

UJP: Tax Day 2014: We pay our taxes. Are we getting what we need? P,LI, BODY,
DIV.event-when,DIV.event-where {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;
font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align: center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;}
H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;} IMG {border: 2px solid black;} LI
{font-size: 13px;} .rtecenter {text-align: center;} .rteindent1 {margin-left:
10pt; }
======== TAX DAY 2014: WE PAY OUR TAXES. ARE WE GETTING WHAT WE NEED? ========

We pay our taxes.

/Are we getting what we need?/

Saturday, April 12, 2pm
Emmanuel Church, 15 Newbury Street, Boston

Mel King • Rep. Jim McGovern • Rep. Katherine Clark • Grace Ross, /MC/
• Haris Gruman, /SEIU/ • Lew Finfer, /Raise Up Mass/ • Rep. Jay
Livingstone • Carolyn Federoff, /AFGE 3258/ • M.K. Merelice, /Green
Rainbow Party /• Nathan Proctor, /Mass Fair Share/ • Joe Kebartas,
/Veterans for Peace/ • Andrew Fish, /Mass PIRG/ • Joann Thomas & Alex
Booth, /MAHT/ • Tilly Teixeira, /Mass Senior Action/ • Amy Tighe, /350
Mass/ • Dr. Richard Fine, /Medical Researcher/ • Rob Folan-Johnson,
/ACT-UP/ • Video messages from Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Barney Frank

The way we raise and spend our taxes tells us a lot about what our country
has become.

Why do working people pay their taxes, while the rich and corporations get
huge tax breaks?

Why are we cutting medical research, Head Start, housing, food stamps and
unemployment insurance -- while we spend more on the Pentagon than the next
10 countries combined?

Why is there no national jobs program -- when there are still more than 10
million unemployed and our state plans to spend $2 billion on new prisons?

Why can energy companies pollute the atmosphere and destroy the climate, but
there is no price for emitting carbon?

We need a /Budget for All!/

Tell Congress to support the

Protest Corporate Tax Cheats

Saturday, April 12, 12:30 pm
Bank of America
440 Boylston St. at Berkeley St., Boston

Loopholes allowed Bank of America to avoid over $4 billion in taxes in 2012

Worcester

Rally: Thursday, April 10, 4:30 - 6:00 pm
Bank of America
255 Park Ave, Worcester

Loopholes allowed Bank of America to avoid over $4 billion in taxes in 2012

Fall River

Rally: Thursday, April 10, 4:00 pm
Government Center

Fall River taxpayers will spend $65 million on the Pentagon budget in 2014

Walpole

Vigil: Saturday, April 12, 10:00 - 11:30 am
Walpole Common
Main & West Streets

Our country spends more on the military than the next 13 biggest military
spenders in the world, combined. The Ryan budget proposal particularly
targets these social services for devastating cuts. We need the ‘Budget for
All’ that supports social services and the needs of people.

/Budget for All!/ – info at budget4allmass.org [1] – 617-354-2169 –
www.budget4allmass.org [2]

*/Stop the Cuts – Invest in Jobs – Tax the 1% – Bring the Troops Home
– Reduce Military Spending/*

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[4]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [5]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [6] Upcoming Events:  Nonviolent
Action: The Teachers of Norway [7] Wed Apr 9 7:00pm Boston College Newton
Campus Newton Campaign Nonviolence Training [8] Sat Apr 12 9:00am Cambridge
Friends Meeting Cambridge Tax Day Rallies [9] Sat Apr 12 12:30pm Emmanuel
Church Boston Pivoting for Peace in Asia/Pacific [10] Sat Apr 19 9:30am
Cambridge Friends Meeting Cambridge Jobs Not Jails Rally on Boston Common!
[11] Sat Apr 26 12:00pm Boston Common Boston Sing-Along to Pete Seeger Songs
[12] Sat May 24 7:00pm Calvary United Methodist Church Arlington
/More Peace and Justice Events [13].    How to Submit Events [14]/

[1] mailto:info at budget4allmass.org
[2] http://www.budget4allmass.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate