[act-ma] Webinar: How to Measure Progress? Replacing GDP with the “Genuine Progress Indicator”

Sarah Byrnes sarah at localcircles.org
Thu May 15 10:25:37 PDT 2014

*How to Measure Progress? Replacing GDP with the “Genuine Progress
Indicator”*
*Stories from Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, and the Mid-Atlantic
Transition Hub*Thursday, May 22, 12pm ET
Register here!<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9211745059037222658>

What if we defined economic success not by the money we spent and the goods
we consumed, but by the quality of life we create? The Genuine Progress
Indicator (GPI) does exactly that. From the costs of crime, pollution,
commuting and inequality, to the value of education, volunteer work,
leisure time and infrastructure, the GPI helps us understand the true
impacts of our policies so we can create the sustainable economy that we
want.

Did you know that Maryland and Vermont have adopted the GPI at the state
level, and Massachusetts is considering doing the same? Join us to hear
about the role grassroots groups and activists are playing in these states
and beyond to support alternative economic measures. We’ll hear stories
from Massachusetts, Maryland, Vermont, and the mid-Atlantic Transition hub,
and consider how our own states can continue—or begin—to measure what
matters.

Register here!<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9211745059037222658>--

Sarah Byrnes
Institute for Policy Studies, New England Office
617.477.8630 x307

*http://netransition.org <http://netransition.org>*
*http://divestinvest.org <http://divestinvest.org>*