[act-ma] 12/31: First Night Against the Wars: Stop Bombing Syria and Iraq

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Tue Dec 30 12:09:14 PST 2014

   First Night Against the Wars

*Stop Bombing Syria & Iraq*

Ring in the new year -- with a spirited rally against a new war!

Our war in Iraq destroyed that country and triggered the creation of ISIS.

Who knows what death and calamities our government’s bombing of Syria and
Iraq might lead to -- unless we stop it!

President Obama is seeking Congressional authorization to bomb ISIS not
only in Iraq and Syria – but anywhere he wants.

*Join us on*

*New Year’s Eve 2014*

*for a First Night peace rally*

*anytime noon to 6pm*

*Copley Square, Boston*

Dartmouth street side of Boston Public Library

Bring your signs or help hold our banners

*After 6pm we will join in the First Night Parade with banners & signs*
   <http://justicewithpeace.org>

United for Justice with Peace <http://justicewithpeace.org> is a coalition
of peace and justice organizations and community peace groups in the
Greater Boston region. The UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th,
seeks global peace through social and economic justice.
 <http://justicewithpeace.org/donate>

*Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
<http://justicewithpeace.org/donate>*

info at justicewithpeace.org
 617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org
 Upcoming Events:
       First Night Against the Wars: Stop Bombing Syria and Iraq
<http://justicewithpeace.org/first-night-against-new-wars> Wed Dec 31
12:00pm Boston Public Library Boston  Jimmy Tingle: Humor for Humanity
<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/5429> Sat Jan 3 8:00pm Sanders Theater
Cambridge  Peace & Planet: Reportback on Vienna Nuclear Disarmament
Conference <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/5476> Mon Jan 5 7:30pm Barker
Center - Thompson Room Cambridge  Foreign Policy for All Discussion
Workshops <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/5467> Sat Jan 10 1:00pm Multiple
locations Natick, Watertown, Worcester, etc  Music for Peace: Mendelssohn
<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/5451> Sat Jan 31 7:30pm Harvard-Epworth
Methodist Church Cambridge  Massachusetts Peace Action 2015 Annual Meeting
<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/5430> Sat Feb 7 1:00pm First Church in
Boston Boston  Resistance to the Vietnam War - A Teach In
<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/5471> Sat Mar 28 2:00pm Time and Location
TBA Boston/Cambridge  Vocal Chamber Music in Times of War and Peace
<http://justicewithpeace.org/node/5452> Sat Apr 11 7:30pm Harvard-Epworth
Methodist Church Cambridge

*More Peace and Justice Events
<http://justicewithpeace.org/upcoming-events>.    How to Submit Events