[act-ma] Richard Levins: A Memorial

Casey Doyle cdoyle1477 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 07:44:50 PST 2016

Center for Marxist Education | 550 Mass Ave, Cambridge | 2nd Floor

*You are invited to*
*Richard Levins: A Memorial*
Sunday, February 28th at 2:00pm

Richard Levins was a "fourth-generation Red" who maintained a profound
commitment to Marxism throughout his life. This commitment made him
probably the most consistent published scientist in the US. He applied
Marxist method not only to his scientific work but to his political and
social analysis, his practice, and personal life.

In recent years, discussions with a volunteer at the Center for Marxist
Education led to significant evolution in his political thought. He spent
an increasing amount of time at the CME and with its volunteers. The Center
was the site of his last political intervention, just weeks before he died
in January. Come hear about his political evolution and contribute your
recollections of this wonderful, dedicated giant's life and work.

www.facebook.com/events/1580171358940999

*Center for Marxist Education Hours*
In addition to our event times we are open the following evenings:
Monday – 4-8
Tuesday – 4-8
Wednesday – 4-8
Thursday – 5-8
Check our Facebook to see which other days we will be open
The Center has been made possible for over 4 decades by volunteer time and
contributions from you. If you wish to help us keep the Center going and
new books coming in, donations can be made by sending a check made out to
*Bookmarx*
mailed to:
Center for Marxist Education
PO Box 390459