[act-ma] Soil and Survival: Soil Restoration to Help Reverse Climate Change 04/28

JP Time Exchange jptimebank at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:36:18 PDT 2016

Thu, Apr 28, 2016 @ 7:00 pm

The First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
6 Eliot St
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

Join us for a Potluck @ 6:30 and Program @ 7:00
Bring a dish to share if you can, but come either way!
RSVP on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/1016621658405577/>

In December, Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org, tweeted that soil was “a
rising star” at the Paris climate talks. Join us at this JP Forum to
explore the reasons for that hopeful statement. We’ll consider the promise
of soil restoration to capture carbon while providing benefits for food
production and ecosystems. We will also discuss the opportunity to
strengthen the climate movement by including nature as an ally and
enlisting the agricultural sector. Please join us to find out how soil
restoration can help mitigate climate change!

Speakers:

Seth Itzkan is co-founder of Soil4Climate.
Quinton Zondervan is president of the Climate Action Business Association.
Kannan Thiruvengadam runs a community farm in East Boston using
permaculture principles.
A representative from the French consulate, who will speak the French
commitment to recapture carbon through soil sequestration.
--
The JP Time Exchange | https://www.hourworld.org/bank/?hw=1296