[act-ma] 5/2 Art of the Schmooze - learn how to stop wasting time networking (SoJust ProfDev)

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:54:18 PDT 2016

*Upcoming ProfDev:*  Mon. 6/6 Effective Volunteer Engagement
<http://t.signauxdeux.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0SmZ58dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7sM9dn7dK_MMdBzM2-04?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meetup.com%2Fsojust-tm%2Fevents%2F230471587%2F&si=4928983978737664&pi=a790dede-6ae8-4044-dacf-2d4ab81ec5d8>

Do you often get stuck in conversations? Not know how to approach people at
networking events?

*This* *Monday, 5/2: * Art of the Schmooze
<http://t.signauxdeux.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0SmZ58dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7sM9dn7dK_MMdBzM2-04?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meetup.com%2Fsojust-tm%2Fevents%2F229340438%2F&si=4928983978737664&pi=a790dede-6ae8-4044-dacf-2d4ab81ec5d8>
 ProfDev 6:00-8:30pm at The NonProfit Center by South Station.

*Fee:* $15 advance/$30 door is split with the trainer.
*Limited space - register ahead of time: *www.sojust.org
Credit cards accepted online and at the door.
*Newcomers always welcomed!*

*ProfDev: Art of the Schmooze*Forming and cultivating relationships is at
the heart of any successful fundraising campaign, volunteer drive,
committee effort or community building activity. This training will give
you the confidence to pursue your personal and professional goals - from
the importance of shaking hands and making eye contact, to tips on the best
opening line and how to exit a conversation gracefully. An amazing side
benefit is that you'll learn how to create a welcoming community space by
keeping an eye out for outliers, considering yourself a host instead of a
guest and knowing how to compliment someone without "othering" them.

*About Our Presenter*Robbie Samuels has been recognized as a networking
expert by Inc. and Lifehacker, and profiled in Stand Out: How to Find Your
Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark. Since
2009, his engaging and fun presentations have helped a wide array of
audiences increase their confidence when it comes to building their
professional network and strong, welcoming communities. He passionately
believes everyone should stop wasting time networking and shares how
through his signature session, “Art of the Schmooze.”

In 2006, he founded Socializing for Justice (SoJust.org) to build a
cross-cultural, cross-issue progressive community and network in Boston
based on the philosophies of abundance and radical inclusion. In 2011, in
recognition of his social justice work, Boston City Council named his
birthday “Robbie Samuels Day." Learn more about his work and get connected
at www.RobbieSamuels.com.

*Help Spread the Word*
Invite friends to the Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/sojust/events/>.
Join the SoJust Facebook group
<http://t.signauxdeux.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0SmZ58dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7sM9dn7dK_MMdBzM2-04?t=http%3A%2F%2Fon.fb.me%2FSoJust&si=4928983978737664&pi=a790dede-6ae8-4044-dacf-2d4ab81ec5d8>
.

On Twitter? Follow @SoJust
<http://t.signauxdeux.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0SmZ58dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7sM9dn7dK_MMdBzM2-04?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Fsojust&si=4928983978737664&pi=a790dede-6ae8-4044-dacf-2d4ab81ec5d8>
and SoJust's Co-Founder @RobbieSamuels
<http://t.signauxdeux.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0SmZ58dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7sM9dn7dK_MMdBzM2-04?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Frobbiesamuels&si=4928983978737664&pi=a790dede-6ae8-4044-dacf-2d4ab81ec5d8>.
Don’t forget to tweet about this event using #profdev!

*Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org <http://www.sojust.org>*

SoJust hosts events that draw progressives of all stripes that share common
values but may work on different issues. We host socials that allow for the
possibility of cross-issue connections and run a monthly ProfDev Series
which provides access to affordable professional development to increase
our individual capacity for movement building.

With over 2900 members and nearly 10 years of creating a diverse
cross-issue community in Boston (215+ events!), Socializing for Justice is
the best place to find the great people, organizations and community you're
looking for while putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

*Yes, we mean you. *We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.