[act-ma] Fwd: Sat. May 21st: Mother's Out Front Day of Action at the West Roxbury Lateral Pipeline and March Against Monsanto

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Tue May 17 12:08:16 PDT 2016

Hoping Spring is happening (weather wise) for all of you... And that it's
happy and filled with green and growing things.

At this time of year I would normally write to you about the March Against
Monsanto which will also be held on Sat from 10-4 at Copley Square.
on May 21st.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1025090684244834/?active_tab=posts MAY 2016
EVENT LIST <http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/may21/>

[image: image] <http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/may21/>

MAY 2016 EVENT LIST <http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/may21/>
March Against Monsanto May 21st, 2016 –> Register your city:
addmymarch at gmail.com #marchMay21 Click HERE For [...]
View on www.march-against-... <http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/may21/>
Preview by Yahoo

This year, I'd like you to consider a day of Activism for a livable
future. A twofer of possibilities to change the world as you begin your
morning with mothers in West Roxbury
to stop a dangerous fracked gas pipeline and then on to our worldwide food
supply as we March Against Monsanto once again in the afternoon in Copley
Square.

 The first event is Mother's Out Front A Day of Action at the WRL fracked
gas pipeline which is a 5.1 mile 750 pounds per square inch of fracked gas
that is being built with much opposition from neighborhoods in Dedham to
environmental groups to the City Council and Mayor of Boston and Selectmen
of Dedham.  In fact, Mike Butler Chair of the Dedham Select Board was the
first to be arrested in June protesting the pipeline outside Legacy Place.

So far about 55 people form all over New England have chosen to commit
peaceful acts of Civil Disobedience to protest this pipeline.  They have
extensive training and
have chosen to be arrested because of the dangers of this pipeline
positioned within feet of 30,00 plus visitors to malls up and down route 1,
under a children's soccer field, in densely populated neighborhoods, next
to school, houses of worship and a nursing home and a Quarry that blasts
dynamite two times a week!

The company building it, Spectra has repeatedly mislead town and city and
state elected officials and threatened eminent domain and had a few
accidents as they rushed to build the pipeline as well as the large
explosion on another pipeline  just two weeks ago in Pennsylvania.  I've
been involved in this effort in meetings and hearings following the great
leading by large coalitions like Mass Power Forward and Toxics Action and
350 Mass and so many tens of thousands of others including smaller and yet
more vibrant local groups like SWRL and so many others who are having this
put in their front yards.  Some of the hearings etc I have attended include
from Conservation Commission  to FERC hearings to federal court to the
Supreme Judicial Court, meetings with aides for councilors, reps, mayors
and staff for Warren and Markey when my health allows.  Sadly, it's out of
all of their hands because the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission thus
far, has had the final say.  We are changing this narrative on the ground
in W. Roxbury and in the State House and Supreme Court.

 Imagine for a second what it's like to have a large fracked gas pipeline
in your front yard
that is controlled by a metering and regulating station located next to a
blasting quarry.  Sadly, what we learned form the explosion in New Salem,
PA a few weeks ago, when accidents happen along these pipelines and they
are with greater frequency, upwards of 40 acres or 30 city blocks will be
in the incineration zone

This pipeline is not approved by neighborhoods surrounding it, nor by
Dedham and Boston or their elected officials.  There have been years of
valiant efforts to stop
it through court cases and hundreds of meetings.  To learn more about it
and events surrounding the protests and rallies see 350 Massachusetts
<http://www.350mass.org/>  http://www.resistthepipeline.org/
Also find out more about SWRL or Stop the West Roxbury Lateral and Mothers
Out Front.

This will be a great day to join Mother's Out Front to show our solidarity
with our friends and neighbors in Dedham, Westwood and West Roxbury.
 .If anyone wants to join me in this day of activism, please send me an
email or text (781)492-2283

Thanks and a Happy and Active-ism filled Spring to you all,

Ellen

[image: image] <http://www.350mass.org/>

350 Massachusetts <http://www.350mass.org/>
350 Massachusetts is building a powerful grassroots movement to confront
the climate crisis.
View on www.350MASS.org <http://www.350mass.org/>
Preview by Yahoo

MA - Mothers Out Front Day of Action at West Roxbury Lateral Pipeline
<http://www.mothersoutfront.org/ma_mothers_out_front_day_of_action_west_roxbury>

[image: image]
<http://www.mothersoutfront.org/ma_mothers_out_front_day_of_action_west_roxbury>

MA - Mothers Out Front Day of Action at West Roxbury Lat...
<http://www.mothersoutfront.org/ma_mothers_out_front_day_of_action_west_roxbury>
Mobilizing for a Liveable Climate
View on www.mothersoutfront...

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11