[act-ma] TODAY 1pm SPEAK OUT Against Police Terror and later this week

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Jul 9 06:26:45 PDT 2016

**TODAY- Saturday 7/9 1:00pm @Dudley Station *
_*SPEAK OUT Against Police Terror- Say Their Names! NOT ONE MORE!*
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1137988592910077/>_
_*Justice for Philando Castile & Alton Sterling*
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1137988592910077/>_

***Wednesday 7/13 6:30pm @Boston Police Headquarters (Tremont & Ruggles
Street)*
*MARCH Against Police Terror- UNITE & FIGHT for Our Fallen...From Boston
to Baton Rouge* <https://www.facebook.com/events/1226375227396970/>

****Thursday 7/14 7:00pm @391 Dudley Street*
_*Community Organizing Meeting

*_

On July 5th 2016 Alton Sterling was pinned down in Baton Rouge,
Louisiana by two white police officers, Blaine Salamoni and Howie Lake,
and shot to death. Less than 48 hours later in Saint Paul, Minnesota
another Black man, Philando Castile was shot by an unidentified
Minnesota police officer 4 times during a traffic stop in front of his
girlfriend Lavish Reynolds and her 4 year old daughter.

Both murders were captured on video and the world has seen yet again
what the police in the U.S. do as routine to Black people: they murder
them in cold blood. Since 2014 a little over 3,000 people have been
murdered by the police and less than 1% of these officers get indicted,
let alone convicted and sent to jail for their crimes against the people.

Both of these heinous murders were captured on video for the world to
see how the police handle Black people on a daily basis; they murder
them in cold blood and hide behind the veneer of "protecting and
serving" when they only protect and serve themselves and the owning
class. Every 28 hours at least one Black life is lost to enforcement.
The police, historically rooted in older modes of controlling and
disciplining Black people, and oppressed and exploited people in
general, have revealed themselves yet again to be the muscle of a racist
white supremacist police state.

We call on all progressive people, defenders of democratic rights,
anti-racists, and those that are against this racist police state to
unite and demand justice for Alston Sterling, Philando Castile, and all
victims of police brutality and state sanctioned violence. We know that
our power is in the streets, in the organization of everyday people, and
the criminal justice system is run by criminals and corrupt lackeys of a
inherently racist system. Join us and raise your voice against this
barbarity and madness! Share your pain, poetry, truth, and rage!
Denounce those that say they protect and serve but in reality brutalize,
kill, assault, and cover up! It won't stop until we make it stop! Only
through massive action of everyday people can we win!

--

Join Mass Action Against Police Brutality

You can help build community awareness with our grassroots campaign:

     forward this email to like-minds, re-post this in your travels
     join our street outreach team as a volunteer for 1-2 hours
     donate to print materials for our newsletters
     come to our community events (& bring a friend) to listen & speak
your mind!
     pack the courthouse to show strong support for a victim of police
brutality
     volunteer to share your special skills or develop your interests
for an important cause

Mass Action Against Police Brutality

617-858-0104 (call/text)

maapb.617 at gmail.com