[act-ma] Fwd: [BAAM!announce] Demand Israel allow water in West Bank: 7/14 Boston

kevwsc at hotmail.com kevwsc at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 9 15:35:33 PDT 2016

--
Sent from myMail app for Android -------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Lizard Overlords  justiceduckling at optonline.net To:  abc-boston at lists.riseup.net Date: Saturday, 09 July 2016, 02:50PM -04:00
Subject: [BAAM!announce] Demand Israel allow water in West Bank: 7/14 Boston

>Thursday, July 14 at Noon in front of the
          [Massachusetts] State House [Beacon St., Boston]
>Join the Alliance for Water Justice in Palestine to protest
          Israel’s shut off of water to parts of the West Bank
>facebook.com/events/272604929766576/
>Many Palestinians are living without any water
        for days at a time.  Water shortages and cuts have been reported
        in Palestinian towns and villages throughout the northern Jenin
        and Nablus districts.  Animals and plants are dying.  The health
        and lives of human beings, particularly the young, frail, and
        elderly, are at risk.
>As the occupying power, Israel is obligated
        under international humanitarian law to ensure the dignity and
        well being of the population living under its control.  Israel
        is not only failing to provide for all basic human needs but is
        also using water as a weapon to dominate Palestinians.  We call
        on the Israeli government to restore full water access in all of
        the West Bank and the Gaza Strip -- at least to the 100 liter
        per capita minimum daily allowance mandated by the World Health
        Organization of the United Nations

>As the call for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions of Israel
        reaches its 11th anniversary, we demand that BDS advocacy be
        protected as free speech as guaranteed by the US and
        Massachusetts constitutions.   BDS seeks to change practices
        that violate the basic rights of our fellow human beings as
        recognized under international humanitarian law.

>Co-Sponsored by: Boston Climate Action Network, Boston Workmen's
        Circle, Cambridge United for Justice with Peace, College
        Students for Justice in Palestine, Boston Coalition for
        Palestinian Rights, Cambridge Bethlehem People to People
        Project, Code Pink Boston, Friends of Sabeel/New England,
        Greater Boston United for Justice with Peace, Jewish Voice for
        Peace/Boston, Jewish Women for Justice in Israel/Palestine,
        Massachusetts Peace Action, Western Massachusetts Coalition for
        Palestine.