[act-ma] 7/16 Open House at the Cambridge Women's Center

Linda Pinkow linda.pinkow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:38:06 PDT 2017

The Cambridge Women's Center is a nonprofit organization that provides
assistance to low-income, homeless and abused women, and resources to
support, educate and empower all who identify as women. Since 1971, the
Women's Center has been offering peer support, educational workshops, and
informational resources in a welcoming, home-like environment. All of our
programs and services are provided confidentially and free of charge.

The Women's Center will be hosting a "Sanctuary Open House" this Sunday,
July 16, from 3-6 pm, to express our pride in Cambridge as a Sanctuary City
that welcomes immigrants and refugees. At this crucial moment in history,
we want to open our doors to all our neighbors and say "Thank You" for
being a part of our vibrant community! We want immigrants and refugees to
know that this community welcomes and supports them, and we invite allies
of immigrant and refugee communities to join us to celebrate and show your
support.

We will be opening our doors for this special event to welcome all genders
to join us. There will be refreshments, music, and child-friendly
activities. The Women's Center is wheelchair-accessible. ALL ARE WELCOME --
free of charge!

Presented by Women for Political Action, a new group at the Cambridge
Women's Center that is creating and illuminating opportunities for
community engagement.

For more information and to RSVP, please visit our Eventbrite page:
sanctuaryopenhouse.eventbrite.com

For directions and more information about the Women's Center, visit
cambridgewomenscenter.org, or call (617) 354-6394.

Linda Pinkow
Development Coordinator
Cambridge Women's Center
46 Pleasant Street