[act-ma] 10/22 Resist Deportations Conference - planning meeting

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Oct 20 08:33:57 PDT 2017

Hi Folks,

The Boston May Day Coalition has agreed to organize a planning meeting
in order to hold a conference during the Winter that would take up:
Resisting Deportations and Defending Our Communities. We would like to
join together with other organizations to discuss organizing mass
mobilizations, emergency response networks, building a movement for a
general strike on May 1, 2018, and getting an alternative narrative out
more broadly addressing the issues of DACA and TPS. We discussed the
idea of having this as a voting conference where we could vote together
with other organizations and individuals on taking concrete actions
coming out of the discussions during the conference. Outreach is being
done and several organizations are interested. Please join with us on:

Sunday, October 22, 1:00 PM

Encuentro 5

9A Hamilton Place, Boston

Park Streetstop on the T

All are welcome.

Adelante,

John Harris

Boston Mayday Coalition

Link to facebook event

https://www.facebook.com/events/284164215401645/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22dashboard%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22calendar_tab_event%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%22[]%22%7D]%2C%22ref%22%3A1%2C%22source%22%3A2%7D

---