[act-ma] (December 8th) At the Boston NonProfit Center: Why and How Nonprofits Build Political Power

Deborah Elizabeth Finn deborah_elizabeth_finn at post.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 13 08:18:36 PST 2017

Dear ACT-MA Colleagues,

Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is pleased to invite you to a TNB Roundtable
session about why and how nonprofit organizations build political power.
Our featured guests will be Jordan Berg Powers of Mass Alliance and Lisette
Le of Massachusetts Voter Table.

Many nonprofit organizations that have historically been devoted to direct
services to individuals, families, and communities are now becoming aware
that they can play a role to advocate and influence public policy. Some of
them are extremely concerned that key decisions are actually being made
when lawmakers are voted into office, and are looking to understand what
they can and cannot do to voice and take action about these concerns. In
this session, nonprofit professionals will learn about strategies to
influence public policy and ways to engage members/constituents in
electoral campaigns, while complying with 501c3 IRS statutes.

Please note:

In keeping with the spirit of the TNB Roundtable series, this session will
NOT be a sales pitch for any product or service. This will be a
professional development opportunity for nonprofit professionals who want
to learn with and from their peers in other organizations.

Participation in this session is free of charge for nonprofit
professionals. However, you must have a confirmed registration in order to
attend.

To find more information about this session, or to register for it, please
follow this link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tnb-roundtable-why-and-how-nonprofits-build-political-power-registration-39780850595?aff=actma

If this session is booked to capacity by the time you seek to register for
it, please go ahead and put yourself on the waiting list. We have a good
track record of finding seats for nonprofit professionals on the waiting
list.

Best regards from Deborah

Deborah Elizabeth Finn  |  Senior Strategist

Tech Networks of Boston

1 Wadleigh Place  | South Boston, MA  02127

Phone: 617.504.8188 | Fax: 888.527.9333

deborah at techboston.com | techboston.com

We are a Certified B Corp! | Visit our Boston Techie Blog

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!