[act-ma] Save The Date! “Midnight Voices” Sponsored By Veterans for Peace: Thursday December 20th At 7- 7-9:30 PM This Month Show Us Your Stuff-We Are Having An “Open Mic” Program Only

smedleyvfp@gmail.com alfredjohnson34 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 18 13:26:36 PST 2018

Save The Date! “Midnight Voices” Sponsored By Veterans for Peace: Thursday December 20th At 7- 7-9:30 PM This Month Show Us Your Stuff-We Are Having An “Open Mic” Program Only

Friends Meeting House –5 Longfellow Park (across from Longfellow House on Brattle Street), Cambridge

“Open Mic” this month will give each performer about ten minutes to show us what they have been up to, maybe three songs, a few poems, a short story, or explain some work of art they have been busy working on.

November’s event which was cancelled due to snow was to be a Special Feature with Pat Scanlon, banjo player, singer/song/writer and a story goes with it story-teller. We have him penciled in for March.

Admission is FREE and refreshments provided!

Many thanks to our contact person Homer Franck, Ian Harrington and the Peace and Social Action Committee of the Cambridge Friends Meeting House.

More about “Midnight Voices”

Welcome to all poets, writers, musicians, veterans, supporters, soldiers, free spirits- Midnight Voices is held each third Thursday of month. This month we have an “open mic” program planned with an intermission somewhere in the middle depending on the number of people who sign up. We encourage each performer to save a few minutes for audience questions about what they are performing and how the “muse” came to them.

Anybody, performers or audience, who has books, music and such
for sale or for giving away feel free to bring them along as we will have a table set up for that purpose table.

We will finish by about 9:00 PM or so to clean up and chat-All are most welcome.