[act-ma] 2/11 salvador solidarity additions TPS and more

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Feb 1 09:56:42 PST 2019

-Massive demonstration on Temporary Protected Status (TPS) in DC  -
February 12

You are invited to join/support representatives of more than 60
organizations going to DC to lobby for new legislation that is being
filed in support of TPS.

Ten buses leave on the 11^th from Boston.  Led by people with TPS,  They
want people who can help with organizing and lobbying and others who can
just come and participate.

Some info on facebook:

The TPS Alliance/Allianza TPS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=tps%20alliance%20%2F%20alianza%20tps&epa=SEARCH_BOX
also SummitMarchaPara#lajusticia TPSiana”.

Contact Walter Mena, tpscommitema02 at gmail.com
<mailto:tpscommitema02 at gmail.com>, 978-984-6441 for more info and to
reserve a place on a bus.

March 2 with Arlington Sister City – The Roots of the Crisis

The humanitarian crisis of immigration at the US-Mexico border is in the
news every day, but we rarely hear why conditions are so dire in Central
America that thousands of individuals and families are risking their
lives and leaving their homes to journey north. Please join us on
Saturday, March 2 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm in the Community Room of the
Robbins Library, 700 Mass Ave in Arlington. We will watch the
award-winning documentary, Harvest of Empire, and have a discussion with
Patricia Montes, Executive Director of the immigrant rights organization
Centro Presente. Sponsored by the Arlington-Teosinte Sister City
Project, Centro Presente, International Institute of New England, ArCS
Cluster, Arlington International Film Festival and the Robbins Library's
Arlington Reads Together program. Free of charge. For more information,
contact bethsoltzberg at gmail.com <mailto:bethsoltzberg at gmail.com>.

"[Harvest of Empire] raises a very important moral question, and one
that rarely enters into the immigration debate: If America is
responsible for destabilizing a country, what is our role when the
country's citizens suffer as a result?" - Washington Post

Harvest of Empire trailer: https://vimeo.com/48145023