[act-ma] Shut it down Wed 7-9pm at George Wiley Center

Camilo Viveiros camiloviveiros at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 17:56:55 PST 2019

Shut it Down! Book Presentation & Direct Action Discussion with Lisa Fithian
Wed Nov. 13, 2019
7-9pm
George Wiley Center
32 East Ave.
Pawtucket, RI 02860
www.georgewileycenter.org

Join members of the George Wiley Center and FANG for a book presentation with the author of Shut It Down: Stories from a Fierce, Loving Resistance.

We’ll be discussing the power and potential of direct action to “get the goods”. Come and hear Lisa’s stories from successful direct action campaigns as we strive toward building our movements to win our immediate demands and the long term changes we want!

For more info. go to: www.shutitdownnow.org

Lisa Fithian has shut down the CIA. She has occupied Wall Street, disrupted the World Trade Organization, and stood her ground in Tahrir Square. She has walked in solidarity with tribal leaders at Standing Rock and defended communities in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Described by Mother Jones as “the nation’s best-known protest consultant,” Fithian has been involved in nearly every major protest event for the past four decades. She is living proof that the best way to radically and rapidly transform the ills of our society is through nonviolent direct action grounded in strong beliefs, creativity, and sheer, unwavering courage. Her new memoir, filled with instruction, inspiration, and no shortage of wisdom, argues that civil disobedience is much more than an act of resistance. It’s a spiritual pursuit that allows us to reclaim our humanity and protect what we love.