[act-ma] 11/22 - 38th National Day of Mourning

IAC Boston iacboston at iacboston.org
Wed Nov 14 13:22:22 PST 2007

*38th National Day of Mourning*

*Thursday, November 22*

*12 noon - Cole's Hill, Plymouth Ma.*

* *

*For Information: United American Indians of New England/LPSG
Phone: (617) 522-6626
**info at uaine.org <mailto:info at uaine.org> **or** http://www.uaine.org*

2007 National Day of Mourning Flyer
<http://www.uaine.org/2007_ndom/2007_Day_of_Mourning.pdf>
2007 National Day of Mourning Orientation
<http://www.uaine.org/2007_ndom/ndom_07_orientation.pdf>

Since 1970, Native Americans have gathered at noon on Cole's Hill in
Plymouth to commemorate a National Day of Mourning on the US
thanksgiving holiday. Many Native Americans do not celebrate the arrival
of the Pilgrims and other European settlers. Thanksgiving day is a
reminder of the genocide of millions of Native people, the theft of
Native lands, and the relentless assault on Native culture. Participants
in National Day of Mourning honor Native ancestors and the struggles of
Native peoples to survive today. It is a day of remembrance and
spiritual connection as well as a protest of the racism and oppression
which Native Americans continue to experience.

United American Indians of New England

*38th NATIONAL*
*DAY OF MOURNING*
*Thursday, November 22, 2007*
*12 Noon*
*Cole's Hill (the hill above Plymouth Rock)*
*Plymouth**, Massachusetts*

Join us as we dedicate the 38th National Day of Mourning to our brother,
Native political prisoner Leonard Peltier. Add your voice to the
millions world-wide who demand his freedom. Help us in our struggle to
create a true awareness of Native peoples and demonstrate the unity of
Indigenous peoples internationally. Help shatter the untrue glass image
of the Pilgrims and the unjust system based on racism, sexism,
homophobia and war.

*For More Information Contact:
United American Indians of New England/LPSG
Phone: (617) 522-6626
info at uaine.org <mailto:info at uaine.org>
http://www.uaine.org*

Absolutely No Drugs or Alcohol Allowed
Pot-luck Social to Follow

/Please send Donations via Metacom Education Project,
284 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130./

Who's the illegal alien, PILGRIM?

/11/07 labor donated/

International Action Center

Boston: