[act-ma] Sun 2/24/08 RADIO with a VIEW 10am-12noon on WMBR 88.1 FM

David Goodman david at ibisradio.org
Fri Feb 22 11:23:45 PST 2008

The Independent Broadcast Information Service, in cooperation with WMBR,
Cambridge presents:

"RADIO with a VIEW"
Sun. 2/24/08
10am-12noon

WMBR, Cambridge 88.1FM and www.wmbr.org (live webcast & archive)

Guests and topics:

* On Monday, Feb. 25th, at Harvard Law School, the FCC is holding hearings
on Net Neutrality and "Broadband Network Management Practices." The Boston
chapter of the NAACP will be there as well to protest what they call the
FCC's anti-diversity policies. We've invited Boston NAACP President KAREN
PAYNE to join our conversation.

* ELISE TRIPP, Editor, "Surviving Iraq: Soldier's Stories" joins Gold Star
parents MELIDA and CARLOS ARREDONDO, whose son Alexander was killed in Iraq.

* Feature on the possibility that nuclear energy will make significant gains
as nations try to slow the global climate change crisis by finding
non-carbon generating solutions. Scientists DAVID HILL, RICHARD CLAPP, and
CLARK ABT address the technical, economic, and especially the arms
proliferation issues involved.

* Conversation with musician MARK HARVEY of the Aardvark Jazz Orchestra,
performing Sunday 2/24 at Emmanuel Church. (Benefit concert for Community
Works postponed from 12/16/07)

* We've invited WGA-West official ELIAS DAVIS back to the show for an update
on the writer's strike (they've settled with the production companies!)

* Grace notes WITH Grace Ross

Produced by Marc Stern & Dave Goodman for I.B.I.S. and the world!

COMING UP:

(03.02.08)
	Political strategist Robert Creamer's new book is called "Stand Up
      Straight: How Progressives Can Win."

	Poet and folk music promoter Tim Mason visits to discuss an upcoming
      tribute show to legend Utah Philips at Club Passim in Harvard Square.
      We've invited musician and writer Scott Alarik as well.