[act-ma] 6/1 Children's Day Action - Downtown Crossing, Boston, 5:00 p.m.

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Thu May 28 11:36:18 PDT 2009

---please forward widely---

Friends,

On June 1, 2009, much of the rest of the world celebrates International
Children's Day. But not the United States. Indeed, it is not even party to
the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Today, thousands of children are
caught up with the prison/juvenile justice system. Those of us concerned
about children in detention, including those subject deportation and
separation from their loved ones, will be doing a leafleting action at 5:00
p.m. in Downtown Crossing.

You can make a difference: the more people we have at the action, the more
folks we can reach and build toward a successful action on Father's Day
(6/21). We'll have the leaflets and flyers ready, we'll also have sign up
sheets and other materials ready... but we really need your ideas and
energy!

On Mother's Day, more than 60 people turned out at short notice and had a
dramatic impact on the South Bay Detention Center. Our presence that day
represented a commitment to the people on the inside that we will be
energetically supporting their cause! So please help us go from strength to
strength!

The action is being organized under the umbrella of the emerging Resist the
Raids! network. We are working on a fact sheet that we will circulate
shortly; visit, www.ResistTheRaids.org for updates.

Everyone is welcome to participate in the action!

For more information: send an e-mail to info at resisttheraids.org