[act-ma] 9/3 - Free UPandOUT film screening: "Life On the Edge of a Bubble" - Thurs, Sept 3rd

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Fri Aug 28 09:07:35 PDT 2009

Showing Thursday, September 3rd, in Cambridge:
*//*
/*Life on the Edge of a Bubble*/                                    (120
min)
/*Blowing the American Dream*/

****

"/Those with the YOUR money, make the rules and the rulers./"
"/We may have the vote, but the moneyed interests have the influence. By
funding candidates, they determine who is elected and --- more
importantly --- who runs for office./"

/* Erskine Overnight Raves...*/  "This is not your usual documentary,
but an exciting romp through the amazing fantasy world we call our
economic system. Back room deals, corruption, greed, bribes, and Wall
Street con-artists have lead to a situation where America and the world
are under constant economic terrorism. *Life on the Edge of a Bubble*
describes* *the who, what, why, and most important where we're going and
what we can do to break this cycle, secure liberty, and allow the
opportunity for individual Americans to pursue their dreams."

/*Carol Brouillet Writes...  *FIVE STARS - *"*/*Life on the Edge of a
Bubble- Blowing the American Dream/ /*is a fast paced kaleidoscopic look
at the bubbles, panics, and depressions that have reoccurred almost like
clockwork every twenty years since the United States government joined
forces with the banking interests, back in the 1700's.  Using vintage
footage, slick TV ads, revelatory statements made by politicians and
Federal Reserve chairmen, in the course of the most recent bailouts, the
film is paced like a roller coaster, punctuated by thoughtful statements
and the dramatic chronicling of past human follies.

Sir Isaac Newton is quoted as saying, "I can calculate the motions of
the heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people."* *Newton, was not
immune to the folly of his own time and made 7000 pounds and 100% profit
on the speculative South Sea bubble, only to lose 20,000 pounds later,
when he bought in at the height of the market.  While most of the
attention focuses on the US, an exploration of the Dutch tulip mania and
financial innovations mirrors the dot com bubble of recent times.
Exposing the "con" in the confidence game, how profits are privatized
and losses socialized, how the rule makers bend and break the rules to
enrich themselves and their financial backers, the film skillfully
identifies key aspects of the systemic nature of the problem, a first
step in the awesome task breaking that pattern."  []

"/Our American nobility system being founded in fraud and supported by
fraud can be got rid of in no other way than by effectively exposing the
nature of that fraud/." ~The United States Democratic Review, 1839

*When/where*
7 pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
http://rule19.org/videos

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends! Free
film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

//// *UPandOUT film series  - see http://rule19.org/videos*
Why should YOU care? It's your money that pays for US/Israeli wars, the
weapons industry, etc

--

"/I could have freed more of us, if they only knew that they were
slaves./" ~Harriet Tubman

pf soto
rule19.org <http://rule19.org>
UPandOUT.org <http://upandout.org>