[act-ma] Sunday, March 7 program, "THE POETICS & POLITICS OF PRACTICE ENGAGEMENT IN AFRICAN ETHNOLOGY", 10:30AM

John Lampert goodmanjl at comcast.net
Sat Feb 27 07:06:04 PST 2010

>From John Lampert:

Sunday morning, March 7 at 10:30AM the Ethical Society of Boston will be presenting a program titled:

        THE POETICS & POLITICS OF PRACTICE ENGAGEMENT IN AFRICAN ETHNOLOGY

             10:30AM, Spiegel Auditorium, 56 Brattle St, Cambridge, (Harvard Square)
             Program Speaker: MICHELLE KISLIUK, Assistant Professor, University of
             Virginia at Charlottesville, Program is Free, Coffee and Discussion to follow.
             For further information call 617-739-9050 or visit BostonEthical.Org

 We are in the midst of a post-colonial shift, a zeitgiest, not only in arts, culture, and scholarship, but in the politics of every day life. The speaker will address how this shift bears on what we as scholars & artists, teachers & everyday actors may do by reflecting on her experience melding "fieldlife" and "worklife" in her fields of study.