[act-ma] Help OMB Staffer Diana Mai Replace Her Stolen Photo Gear and More at Open Media Boston (week of 6/4/10)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Fri Jun 4 19:54:29 PDT 2010

[please forward widely]

Hi folks! Lots of stuff going on of late. Way more than we can cover (so
we're looking for more reporters as usual). But please take a moment to
read our editorial and find out how you can help OMB staff photographer
Diana Mai replace her stolen photo equipment. Everyone on our staff
would much appreciate it if you did ... and we'd be especially
appreciative if you can donate anything to help her out. Check out the
editorial for all the details.

News: Striking Shaw's Workers Complete March for Justice with Prudential
Center Picket
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1302

Editorial: Help OMB Staffer Diana Mai Replace Her Stolen Photo Gear
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1306

Opinion: IBEW Local 2222 Members Adopt "Tear Down the Wall" Resolution
to Expand Organizing Rights at Verizon
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1304

Arts: Rage Against the Immigration Laws
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1300

Living: Photo Essay: Immigrant Demo Against Repressive Legislation
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1305

Featured Visual by Elizabeth Washburn
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1307

Also, check out the OMB Blog where you can check out and comment on the
musings of OMB Editors and friends at http://blog.openmediaboston.org in
a more casual setting.

If you'd like to join OMB on MySpace
(http://www.myspace.com/openmediaboston) and Facebook (organizational
page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Media-Boston/16603698226 and
group http://www.facebook.com/inbox/#/group.php?gid=16418766006).

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in
the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. Now easier to use. For
registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,
Jason Pramas Editor/Publisher Open Media Boston www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are
only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from
week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to
submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on
content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted
content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.